By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 37 ( Sept. 9- Sept.15 ) Monster Hunter 4 Unleashed!

Salnax said:
ryuzaki57 said:
How can all those people let themselves be fooled by backstage arrangements? This is sad.

I find it more likely that Capcom was drawn by the greater popularity of Nintendo handhelds over PlayStation handhelds, the fact that the 3DS's being only slightly more powerful than the PSP makes it easier to recycle resources (1), and the similar control schemes offered by the 3DS and PSP. Plus, the fact that of the console versions of Monster Hunter games, Nintendo's are easily the most popular.

But hey. A conspiracy to release a popular product on a popular system is also possible.

In such case, nothing prevents them from releasing the game on both platforms (or on PSP by the way), which would only increase revenues.

(1) Don't you think it's sad? Should publishers recycle their games to make greater instead of driving the experience higher and create a new dynamic. What you just said here is the beginning of the end for this industry.

Around the Network
Nem said:
Saying 3DS domination is an understatement on this case. 90% of the market.

3DS Nintendobliteration would be more apt.

I might be inclined to give Monster Hunter another try when 4 comes out in Europe, couldn't get into 3 at all, but apparently this one is a lot more accessible?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

ryuzaki57 said:
Purple said:
ryuzaki57 said:
orniletter said:
ryuzaki57 said:
How can all those people let themselves be fooled by backstage arrangements? This is sad.

explain yourself !

I thought it was quite obvious that Nintendo and Capcom had some kind of deal over this. If so many people hadn't bought the gimped version, maybe they could have had a greater Vita version. But it looks like they don't care...

So you think the ~1.5 million people who already owned a 3DS should have boycotted this game so it could have been released on a console that they (and most other people) don't own?

What makes you think that those 1,5 million don't own a Vita? A large number of people within those surely have one. Besides, more than 200K people likely bought a 3DS for this game this week.

Well that would just mean that every Vita owner also owns a 3DS and in that case there should be no problem?

Also, you're living in a fantasy world if you believe Capcom would have released it exclusively for Vita and not split it between Vita and PSP. And as 3DS can run PSP level games, your "better game on Vita" argument is rather strenuous.

biglittlesps said:

They made business move but they betrayed Sony by not giving a PS vita version even though game made debut on PSP. I'm sure Nintendo will lose Money on Wii U for doing this and also trying milk ips so much for earning money than trying to innovate with new IP's and also not reducing games price for very long time. So, this proves they only care about Money than providing value for Gamers.

Sony try to support New IP's with risk wher Nintendo tries to make sure esatblished IP's to sell and earn profit more(Ex;- MH, Sonic etc.,)

How did Capcom betray Sony? It's not like they had an exclusivity deal or anything. MH3 debuted on the Wii! Even the series in general wasn't of PSP origins, releasing for the PS2 back in 2004.

Are you hoping Nintendo loses money for having a successful 3rd party deal? And not reducing the price of valuable games over a period of time proves that Nintendo knows how economics work, not that they are evil.

As for Nintendo's lack of new IP's... please look at the best selling games of all time. #1 is a new IP from Nintendo. Six of the top 10 are new IP's from Nintendo. If and just missing out on the list are games like Wii Fit and Nintendogs, which were new series.

In contrast, let's look at the best selling SCE games of all time. The top six games are Gran Turismos and the seventh Final Fantasy, beyond that, you have Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 and Tekken 3 in the Top 10. So the Sony Top 10 games of all time include a grand total of ONE new IP.

But hey! Let's just assume that Nintendo moneyhats popular existing series, even though this is very out of character for a company that can't be arsed to pay for development of games! That makes sense!

Love and tolerate.

fmjasinski said:

This is the type of comment (and people) that makes me wonder why I`m still reading this forum.

The life is bigger than this, man.

Please be assured that I don't reduce my life to this. I'm back to studying Japanese history.

Around the Network

Nice opening for MH4 and WOAH @ 3DS HW.

Too bad Wii U HW numbers are lame, is the console receiving a price cut in Japan as well?

An excellent start to MH4, if we count (non-DL card) digital it's probably almost equal to MHP3's opening, which did not have digital at launch.

Let's see how it does in the coming weeks before making any conclusions, though.

Capcom should be breathing a sigh of relief with their bank account so low at least...

alfredofroylan said:

From Media Create, the power of Monster Hunter

First of all, wow you're posting here, nice to see you, and not only on "that other website".

The most interesting fact is that it's made by MC, and not by a "fanboy".

biglittlesps said:

They made business move but they betrayed Sony by not giving a PS vita version even though game made debut on PSP. I'm sure Nintendo will lose Money on Wii U for doing this and also trying milk ips so much for earning money than trying to innovate with new IP's and also not reducing games price for very long time. So, this proves they only care about Money than providing value for Gamers.

Sony try to support New IP's with risk wher Nintendo tries to make sure esatblished IP's to sell and earn profit more(Ex;- MH, Sonic etc.,)

This is why people then come and start jumping on PSV pathetic sales. Just look at the HW sales of PSV, and look and the units being sold by the game and tell me again that it was a delusional move from Capcom.

ryuzaki57 said:

I thought it was quite obvious that Nintendo and Capcom had some kind of deal over this. If so many people hadn't bought the gimped version, maybe they could have had a greater Vita version. But it looks like they don't care...

I will copy and paste my comment from the other thread:

What people seem to be missing is that Capcom wanted growth.
They had the hardcore MH-demographic in the bag, they have shown that they buy systems for MH (going by MHP3rds insane hardware jump)
...MH couldn´t be done on the DS, Capcom probably looked envious at the 120 mill+ userbas of the original DS and they knew that the PSP wouldn´t last forever...

-on one hand there was Nintendo, eager to get MH and to help promote/grow the series in the West, treat Capcom almost like a celebrity (publishing in Europe, footing the bills for the servers, paying for advertising) with historically the lagest userbases going back to the successfull Game Boy

-on the other Hand there was Sony, actively blocking MHP3rd HD´s Western release, the expensive Vita ,without any extra goodies like the mentioned above

Capcom went in knowing the above and hoping to tap into the Animal Crossing/Pokemon/Tomodochi Collection audience (I read the OT on NeoGaf and people stress how extensive the tutorials are, the game explains far more than any other MH = conquering/swallowing a new audience. on top )

It almost seems comical to say this, but Capcom made a wise decision (going by MH4´s sales)

Lol.. so many Nintendo haters here.

Get over it, people.. the game is a 3Ds exclusive and will remain like this for some time, no matter if it was due a Nintendo-Capcom agreement or a sole Capcom decision. Remember Re: Revelations was also a 3DS exclusive.

Can´t you just instead of crying about this just..... praise the fact that some games still can drive a huge audience? This kind of launch were common during the SNES-Genesis days.... today we rarely see gamers so excited about a launch for lining up to get it, even in Japan.

This may be an indication that the future of this market may not seem so dim... at least in Japan