By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Sports Club - How big is this?

How big is Wii Sports?

80 million+ sales for sure!!! 14 9.93%

Massive!! 14 9.93%

System Seller! Wii U Saved! 10 7.09%

Very Big - 20 million could happen. 23 16.31%

Moderate - 5-10 million 40 28.37%

Pointless, the Wii Sports Craze is over. 31 21.99%

Terrible - not a good business model. 9 6.38%

Total:141

A bundle would be most effective.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

So now I'm suppose to be excited because they are porting a 7 year old game to WiiU? (I guess that's better than the 10 year old LoZ:WW HD port)

Golf & Bowling with WM+ was done on WSR so that's nothing new. HD? So what. Online? Cool I guess.

Tennis, Baseball and Boxing with WM+ controls would be welcome. Konami's The Cages: Batting Practice really showed the potential of WM+ for baseball, but there was never a full baseball game designed for WM+. This still won't be a full baseball game but, IF I owned a WiiU I'd actually download Baseball if it had the same swing mechanic. And no one ever made a boxing game with WM+ (although tennis was done twice) so it'd be interesting to see how that's improved.

But in the end, this really looks more like damage control, porting Wii Sports titles to WiiU, than any stroke of genius. I mean it's literally Wii Sports, enhanced and ported to WiiU. There's not even an announcement for WSR sports or even better, all NEW sports being added to 'Club', just the original five from Wii Sports - eventually, when they get around to it.

While it's all well and good, this is no incentive to buy WiiU. I own a Wii and Wii Sports already and have WM+ Golf and Bowling already courtesy WSR.

Thanks for nothing Nintendo.

I think a bundle with a Wii Remote+ and free digital download of all 5 games would be a really good idea. It would also encourage the new owners to take their system online.

if people can enter the phones App Stores what make you think they cannot do the same with the Wii U? i mean the eshop icon is big on the Gamepad when u turn it on...

This wont sell hardware in my opinion. It looks exactly the same as the older ones and digital only. If Nintendo advertise this on TV, I think it will just convince people to get the wii back out and play wii sports resort, not go and pick up a wii U.

They missed an opportunity by not giving this a visual overhaul and releasing it to retail

Also the free to play model seems completely pointless.

Around the Network

They really want people to buy HDDs :D

Which is good for Nintendo's revenue but also bad since they miss out on a lot of casual folks, who don't know that they can setup an external HDD to it or simply just won't do it for other reasons.

Wii Play + was considered a flop.

This will make it look like a huge success.

Great idea but problem is in advertising.

A physical game can be seen on shelves.

A digital game has to be only seen in media commercials/print. Maybe a new "wii want to play" campaign that shows off the game combined with retail purchasing of eShop codes for the game as well as similar games.

looks pretty good to me and wi fit,another step closer to a nintendo subscription lifestyle

Above & Beyond

Wait, so each game is $10, for a total of $50?

That is...a highly questionable business decision. A large part of the original's appeal was the fact it came bundled. Now, it's not only a stand-alone and pretty expensive, but digital only?

I don't see this doing much for them...

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.