By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Sports Club - How big is this?

How big is Wii Sports?

80 million+ sales for sure!!! 14 9.93%

Massive!! 14 9.93%

System Seller! Wii U Saved! 10 7.09%

Very Big - 20 million could happen. 23 16.31%

Moderate - 5-10 million 40 28.37%

Pointless, the Wii Sports Craze is over. 31 21.99%

Terrible - not a good business model. 9 6.38%

Total:141

Absolutely tiny : hardly anybody will shed 300€+ to play a game they have already. That is IF the targeted audience is even aware of this since it's digital only.

Around the Network

I think the novelty has worn off most people. Less than 5 million for sure

I dunno. It's an interesting model, for sure, but I really think it needs some sort of retail presence. They should do some kind of retail release or preload it on Wii U's or something.

It will sell well. The online play is a huge bonus. This could either be Nintendo paving the way to the next full blown Wii Sports or the total destruction of the franchise if this is all they got in the pipeline and say "it only sold 1m copies! We will therefore kill the Wii Sports franchise and make another Wonderful 101!"

badgenome said:
I dunno. It's an interesting model, for sure, but I really think it needs some sort of retail presence. They should do some kind of retail release or preload it on Wii U's or something.

You're right. On the other hand did they confirm this is retail only? We even got New Super Luigi U as a retail copy so there's hope. I'd definitely buy this as a retail copy.

Around the Network

Are we going to get some football this time around?

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

i guess it will be downloadable only to push casual people to use the WiiU online, they will most probably release a retail version later on

playing tennis online, with motion+ should be system selling!!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

UncleScrooge said:

You're right. On the other hand did they confirm this is retail only? We even got New Super Luigi U as a retail copy so there's hope. I'd definitely buy this as a retail copy.

Sounds like it's downloadable only for now. Maybe once they're done testing out this model they'll do a retail release. I can't imagine they won't, actually.

I believe people are ignoring an important fact. 

This game is a lot expensive. U$ 10,00 for each game is too much. I would need U$50,00 to get all the games on digital format. Wii Sports Resort had a lot more content for the same price and it came with a Motion+.

I think the whole point that the original was massive will actually work against this game. The world and his wife have already played Wii sports. By all means Nintendo should continue the Wii sports phenomenon but with an entirely new wii sports, maybe one that fully takes advantage of the hardware.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!