By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
walsufnir said:
Daisuke72 said:

So there you have it. 

Killer Instinct at 720P and Ryse at 900P. Xbones weak GPU is showing. 

30 fps is more of a weakness than resolution. 1080p without any anti-aliasing is way more ugly than a game below 1080p with decent anti-aliasing. But yes, we get your point.

What? This makes no sense, it entirely depends on the in game engine and what each game is doing. You think PONG at 60 FPS is more impressive then say Skyrim at 30 FPS? There is a lot more too it then that.

Around the Network
Frequency said:
Just my $0.02, if a game on either ps4 or xbox one ships with less than 720p, it should not be bought by anyone, as its a complete and utter waste of the hardware for both.

I think it's safe to say that this won't happen.

peshkavus said:

Oh the poster is a prominent PisS3 fan and will not shut up because he is too blinded by the power of un released Piss4

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was warned by TruckOSaurus for this post.

its funny this post gets moderated and the flamebait OP not

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

iamdeath said:
walsufnir said:
Daisuke72 said:

So there you have it. 

Killer Instinct at 720P and Ryse at 900P. Xbones weak GPU is showing. 

30 fps is more of a weakness than resolution. 1080p without any anti-aliasing is way more ugly than a game below 1080p with decent anti-aliasing. But yes, we get your point.

What? This makes no sense, it entirely depends on the in game engine and what each game is doing. You think PONG at 60 FPS is more impressive then say Skyrim at 30 FPS? There is a lot more too it then that.

Just go on reading the thread, there is a lot more to the discussion than these posts.

walsufnir said:

I can say for sure you just have a different opinion. No AA, bad AA. IQ is dependant on a lot of things. Easy as this. There are also exceptionally bad AA-techniques around. There is no 2xAA, it depends on what AA you implement. Not to mention that TVs also show pictures totally different, of course.

But at least generally you agree with me. And as we see Ryse now with 900p which is a lot more pixels than 1080p I doubt it will have many problems regarding IQ but the most important thing to me is rock-solid 30fps.

Yeah I know... I just generalized AA to means using the same AA tech... there are better and bad AA for sure.

And I think you mean less in bolded part ... to 900p (1600x900) a lot more pixels than 1080p the 1080p need to be way lower than 1300x1080.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
peshkavus said:

Oh the poster is a prominent PisS3 fan and will not shut up because he is too blinded by the power of un released Piss4

~ Mod Edit ~

Especially when reading the other posts from Daisuke clearly shows his intention.

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

I can say for sure you just have a different opinion. No AA, bad AA. IQ is dependant on a lot of things. Easy as this. There are also exceptionally bad AA-techniques around. There is no 2xAA, it depends on what AA you implement. Not to mention that TVs also show pictures totally different, of course.

But at least generally you agree with me. And as we see Ryse now with 900p which is a lot more pixels than 1080p I doubt it will have many problems regarding IQ but the most important thing to me is rock-solid 30fps.

Yeah I know... I just generalized AA to means using the same AA tech... there are better and bad AA for sure.

And I think you mean less in bolded part ... to 900p (1600x900) a lot more pixels than 1080p the 1080 need to be way lower than 1300x1080.

Damn, ethomaz, of course I meant 720p and not 1080p. So the difference is even smaller as with 720pAA and 1080pNOAA.

kirby007 said:
peshkavus said:

~ Mod Edit ~

What do you expect from vg-Sony-charts?

LOL that thread is another funny joke with a lot of crap being told.

there isn't a single game that is tapping in the true power of either box so far. launch titles are always bad references, we all know that if we have been gaming for more than one generation.

now the superior power of the PS4 lol yeah maybe, even though I still don't take the 50% more power being a major issue (which is not actually 50% if you take everything together) it is not that big of gap when it comes down to console but whatever, even if it is, devs won't bother right away and most won't throw more money at dev cost just for the sake of having fans being able to tell there copy is better. we've seen that generation after generation. there will be more game that are on par no matter what than with huge differences (for multiplat of course).
I keep seeing comparison of drive club and forza especially on the environment part. Are people serious ???? those two games are not even in the same ball park, I would take Forza with absolutely no decor and environment effects over any second zone racing game with busy environments and day/night effect. It's a racing simulation I'm buying not a Hiking site seeing sand box game I'm looking for when I buy forza. if they improve the physics and handling of the car, give me actual real life tracks and improve slightly the looks of the car I'll be more happy than with any night effect(god racing by night beside enduro is just plain ridiculous and painful, in game and IRL) or lightning landscape or what not. When I drive I look at the road and maybe the other cars and I want them to react properly the rest is just extra.... any game going at it the other way around is just an arcade game that pretends to be a sim not a true sim

and finally saying PS is superior to XB is just a bad argument, it's more graphically powerful than the XB1 and that's pretty much it.
to me the XB1 is and will be still a far superior product this gen, considering my use and my needs, even once you take into the equation the specs. So yeah to me it is still a superior piece of hardware and it is for most people that choose that console.
the game library of PS exclusive never interested me beside a couple titles that came in late in the gen, the rest of the services, OS, apps add ons is just plain mediocre and seems to keep that trend for the new gen compared to what I expect from my main entertainment box in the house.

sure if you look for a pure gaming rig maybe and even then I wonder why would you buy a console then and not a better PC or just wait for the steam box. To me as more powerful as the PS4 might turn out to be it is still a bland and unoriginally basic home console rig that provides me with nothing more than a graphical improvement over last/current gen. Nothing I'm willing to throw money at right now.

Are people making a big deal about this. I thought we were not suppose to expect to much from the launch games because developers are still working on unfinished hardware and drivers from both companies are not complete and settled.

I can understand Ryse not being 1080p but I still wonder about Killer Instinct. Since I have not seen the game in person I have to wonder about a 2D fighter that cannot maintain 60fps at 1080P for this generation.