By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skater Boy talks about Kingdom Hearts III

>Exclusives usually sell more than multiplatform games
where's the logic in that? Maybe better quality, but there's no sense in why exclusive will sell more. Just ask Rockstar and Capcom if they agree with you.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
kingofwale said:
where's the logic in that? Maybe better quality, but there's no sense in why exclusive will sell more. Just ask Rockstar and Capcom if they agree with you.

Has Square-Enix ever released a big franchise as a multi-plat, or would this be the first?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

TyePhoid_PAL said:
Square will make this for PS3. Its speculation sure. But i dont see it being exclusive, Square always look after Sony, just like Namco.

You mean the Namco that has an exclusive Tales game on 360 and Wii but not on PS3?

Companies have only one strategy: making a profit (as high as possible). The install base, software sales and development cost of the PS3 makes this a very unbeneficial platform for developers. 

Don´t think that there is one company that really cares for Sony. In business there are no friends, just businesspartners. 

>Has Square-Enix ever released a big franchise as a multi-plat, or would this be the first?

FFXI?

and if you read the post, it clearly said that Disney has more money, and clearly Disney has more say in this.

and if Disney said it will be exclusive for a next-gen system, then it will probably be on Wii.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:

Please do me a favour and check the VGC game database and check the top50 best sold games of all time and tell me how many multiplatform games you see in that list. 

Around the Network

>Please do me a favour and check the VGC game database and check the top50 best sold games of all time and tell me how many multiplatform games you see in that list.

wait, you mean from check the era where only 1 console dominated the whole game industry?

I'm sorry, I seem to forget that we live in an era of 3 major consoles selling well at the same time. Something we haven't seen since.... Ever?

selnor
Episode 2:
Soriku said:
@king

Because Disney said they want to put it on ONE of the NEW systems. PS2 is last gen. By the time they get around to doing it, PS2 will be DEAD.

@Munkeh

No official platform, no. But there's no denying it's coming to the PS3 =/

And what if FF XIII is a success? KH doesn't sell as well as FF. It doesn't cater to the same audience. And the Wii will be a bigger success too. What's your point? And there's gonna be 2 FFs on the Wii.

I don't doubt that a KH will come to the wii it will just be a spin off, like the FF spin offs coming to wii. I still think that the main game will come to PS2, and that many FF users will buy it, especially with FF Versus XIII coming to the system, which is like KH, and deved by the same team

>I'm sorry, I seem to forget that we live in an era of 3 major consoles selling well at the same time. Something we haven't seen since.... Ever?

SNES and Genesis anyone?

But that´s beside the point. In the top 50 there is 1 (ONE) multiplatform game and that´s the Sims. All the other really big sellers are released on only one platform.

*But the fact is, this is still a franchise targeted most squarely at 9-to-14-year-olds. And at this moment, the Wii is far and away the top performer among this age group.*

Considering the latest story in KH2, I would say more 14+. Also as the game is rated "Teen" and not for "Everyone". Though I would be in the end happy if this game turns out to be on the WII. I just hope for the sake of the game they don't screw it up as they did with Dragon Quest Swords. (Don't say I didn't tell you so months ago that this game sucks )

Actually, I would kind of laugh my ass off to be honest if the main game turn out to be a WII game. I have my (personal) reasons for that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

The Wii can have this game. I would rather have a good RPG like Suikoden and and White Knight Story.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!