By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skater Boy talks about Kingdom Hearts III

@Soriku

Did surfer girl or skater boy ever said that tales of vesperia was going to be a wii exclusive?

Around the Network

@Soriku
That makes me believe in them a bit, has they ever got a rumor that was true?

"It would still make more sense to put it on the PS3, considering the main storyline ran on the PS2. But, what can ya do? =\"

also, the kh games weren't the easiest either, and don't seem like something that the non-gamer wii market would be able to get into very well, unless they dumb things down and add waggle.
another great series bites the dust in favor of waggle so sad. played fatal frame last night and kept giving my dusty wii dirty looks.

Yeah, I can understand the logic, but at the same time I think there are themes, plot elements, and the way combat and the overall gameplay system works that puts this just outside of the WESTERN 9-14 audience's grasp(err, rather let's say 9-12) or understanding.
I guess it's just a difference of opinion. I think Disney probably told SE what demographic they were aiming at, and SE took it upon themselves to put it toward possibly the JAPANESE crowd of that age range.
The spin-offs may be a lot easier to understand and swallow etc. for younger audiences, but as for 1 and 2 I think those are more of a Teen+ thing than for kids.

Yeah, Fatal Frame will be missed. I'm just the type where I want my games to progress in all areas, not JUST gameplay or JUST graphics. That's why so many Wii games just fall flat to me personally because they have a few things right, but graphics and other elements lack- and due to power restraints always will. Same with a lot of 1st-batch 'nextgen' games that basically just changed their resolution output and called it a day.h well, at least I got 3 good FF games out of it, and two good KH games.

@pointman_4000: What he meant was that the PS2 fanbase is already hooked on the game series and following, and are most likely to transfer to the PS3, so why divert them to a different platform just for one series. Many people instantly lose interest as soon as an IP jumps ships with their traditional platform.
Either way, I think the initially huge negative reaction to this, what we should still consider a rumor, speaks for itself.

1) I understand Disney has no loyalty to Sony, but do you not think that perhaps increased sales of the PS3, plus the fact that Disney release their titles on bluray could not sway them to release KH3 on the PS3? Also, does Square have no say in the matter?

Just some nice quotes from the blog. I think it´s stunning that some Sony fanboys can´t understand that games will move platform because of Wii´s great sales. They REALLY see Wii as an inferior system. Staggering. I know on these forum things can get ugly, but at least most people understand that Wii is more than just minigames.

Most people will understand that Wii is the perfect console for KH. High sales, young demographic. I really don´t understand why so much Sony fans can´t handle this.
Winning post above imo is the guy that says the previous KH were great games but the Wii version will obviously be very bad.

kingofwale said:
if Disney truly want to target at the biggest demographics, it wouldn't be a Wii exclusive then.

It would be a PS360 game, with watered downed version for Wii with waggle control, and PS2 and PSP version without waggle. And DS mini-game.

Saying all disney wanted is money and say it's going to be exclusive makes no sense.

Anti-Wii biased creeps into all of your posts, nowadays.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

It looks like a lot of series that where exclusive to the ps2 are either going multiplatform or being exclusive to the wii and these seems to make some sony fanboys really angry.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:

Just some nice quotes from the blog. I think it´s stunning that some Sony fanboys can´t understand that games will move platform because of Wii´s great sales. They REALLY see Wii as an inferior system. Staggering. I know on these forum things can get ugly, but at least most people understand that Wii is more than just minigames.

Most people will understand that Wii is the perfect console for KH. High sales, young demographic. I really don´t understand why so much Sony fans can´t handle this.
Winning post above imo is the guy that says the previous KH were great games but the Wii version will obviously be very bad
ATM, PS3 fans are often somewhere between: 

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

NO NO, NO NO NO.

>Anti-Wii biased creeps into all of your posts, nowadays.

another fantastic post by ZenfoldorVGI which again, focused not on the topic itself (in fact, no mention of the topic), but instead, choose to insult others. Bravo.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I believe it could be true
it makes sense to me

Time to Work !

kingofwale said:

another fantastic post by ZenfoldorVGI which again, focused not on the topic itself (in fact, no mention of the topic), but instead, choose to insult others. Bravo.

Oh, so you're talking to me now?

I would go into a long post telling everyone exactly how much of a Wii-hater you are, but you'd just leave the topic, and never click on it again, so what's the point?

...but you're right. You're not anti-Wii at all. In fact, it's really your favorite system, and you just hate on it in every post you make, because you love it and want to see it improve itself.

/lesigh 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
kingofwale said:

Oh, so you're talking to me now?

I would go into a long post telling everyone exactly how much of a Wii-hater you are, but you'd just leave the topic, and never click on it again, so what's the point?

...but you're right. You're not anti-Wii at all. In fact, it's really your favorite system, and you just hate on it in every post you make, because you love it and want to see it improve itself.

/lesigh

yea hes one of those sneaky ones, and gets away with it every single time

on topic : There is no discussion possible anymore. It is coming to the Wii, exclusively. 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!