By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of these games will sell the most (Battle of the Titans)

Which of these games will have the higher total sales worldwide?

GTA V 88 62.86%

Pokémon X/Y 32 22.86%

CoD:Ghost 20 14.29%

Total:140

Clearly the three biggest launch of the year. Worldwide sales, which of these games will have the better sales? You can answer for both yearly and total sales. The poll however is for total.

GTA right now has the most preorders in the US, but is also the closest to realease. Since the game is not a yearly product, it will sell for a long time, altho the lack of next gen might diminish this factor. It's sales will be huge in the west but most likely modest in the east.

Pokémon will clearly have the advantage over the other two in the east, but despite being huge in the west I think it will be beaten here by the other two. It has the handicap of being on only one console, therefore having the smallest number of potantial buyers.  But unlike the other two, it's appeal is worldwide.

CoD imo is slightly on the decline but still super huge. It has the advantage of being on the most consoles, but like GTA the game is not huge in Japan.

It's really hard for me to guess. Maybe I'm understimating one of them and we will end up having a clear winner. This is why I wanna know what you guys think.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

GTAV?

I don't think Pokemon has a chance. Even if it manages to dethrone Diamond/Pearl as the best selling pokemon since the first two, it would still be significantly behind GTA IV, San Andreas, and every single CoD since MW2.

Grand Theft Auo V will beat ghosts in current gen consoles, but I think Ghosts will win in total sales. It looks like it will sell really well on 360/ps3/ps4/xbone. And the PC version will add another million physical copies on top of that, plus a few million digital.

Personally I think lifetime sales across all confirmed platforms will be the following.

Cod Ghosts: 30mil
GTA V: 23mil
Pokemon: 16mil

GTA could get a lot higher if it later gets released on the PC/PS4/Xbone.

GTA5 should be about 25-30 million. Activision had stated that BO2 and MW3 would both underperform sales wise compared to the sales beast that is MW2 - they didn't. They outsold MW2. Activision usually undersells their IPs PR wise and yet they expect Ghosts to be the best performing CoD yet. Not that the sales are going to turn out that way but I guess what I'm saying is my vote goes to Ghosts.

Silly question. GTAV easily. Install base and history is on it's side.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Probably GTA and Pokemon not even have a chance.

To help ppl make their predictions, here's the list of the 3 games predecessors total sales.

CoD:BO2: 24.57million
GTA:IV: 21.03million
Pokémon Black/White: 14.76million (did'nt put black2/white2 since they were sequels so clearly did'nt sale ''pokémon numbers'' because of that)

So Pokémon seems to be at a clear disadvantage, but I think that it will be the only one of the three that will outsell it's predesessor for many reasons...
-First, it's the first game on the console, I think like Zelda games, the first Pokémon game will sell much more, so I perdict numbers closer to Pearl/Diamond.
-The game seems to be the one adding the most, and it seems to be bringing old fans back way more than previous games (from what I'm hearing around me)
-It will have the entire 3DS lifespan to sell.

Reasons I think GTAV will not sell as much as IV:
-It's launching on dying consoles and not next gen (as far as we currently know). So it will sell alot this year, it will also have good sales next year, but unlike GTA IV, it won't be able to sell for 5 years.

Reasons I think Ghosts will not outsell Black Ops 2:
- CoD is slowly on the decline.
-The ''Ghost'' IP imo will not attract as much ppl as the already known ''Black Ops'' or ''Modern Warfare'' IPs.
-The new consoles will hurt the sales. It will obviously be impossible for the PS4/Xbone version to outsell it's predecessors. And since the game is bought by alot of ppl by peer pressure, the peer pressure will not be as strong. By that I mean, some ppl will buy it on next gen, so alot of ppl who can't buy next gen yet for many reasons will not see the point of buying the game on their current gen since they won't be able to play with their friends. So instead of having all you friends buying BO2 on xbox 360, this time you will have few of your friends that are the hardcore fans buy it on next gen, few that are also hardcorefands buying it on current gen and everyone else not sure if it's worth it buying either version just to play with your few friends still playing.

But how much will X/Y outsell Black/White and how much will GTAV and Ghost sell less than IV and BO2, that is a answer that I cannot give.

@Enrageorange Your number for GTA and Pokemon are plausible altho I'm not sure I agree with. But there is not way that Ghost sells 30mil.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

GTAV, no contest. It'll hit 25 million easily, Pokemon will do around 16 million, Ghosts will have 22 million.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I still think there are a too many CoD only gamers hidden in the shadows for them to be overtaken quite yet.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Obviously GTA V... Its Multiplatform with bigger install base on both platforms
Then COD:Ghosts cause of the same reason
Followed by Pokemon

ps3+360 = over 100 million install base...
3ds = around 33 million install base...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850