By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Supposed insider Nintendo info

outlawauron said:
Th3PANO said:
outlawauron said:
Only thing I'd believe is bullet point 1, 3, and 4.

Everyone know that Wonderful 101 lost and ton of money and cost a lot more than Bayonetta to make.

You seriously believe #4? Nintendo First party had enough problems converting to HD with the specs the Wii U has and you sriously think they wanted an even more powerful console? Mkay....

I said I could believe it. You really think that Nintendo's developers want such a huge gap between them and their competition again?

Even if the letter is true they wouldn't ignore it. The dev's are the heart of the company and Iwata being a former dev wouldn't ignore it. He would atleast talk with them about it.

Around the Network

Sounds like normal inner company rumors.

when i saw "insider nintendo info" i expected something like: "the new zelda is at 80% complete" or "there is a wii u redesing already on the works" but this is clearly nintendo hate

2 million copies for W101?

You'd think we would get a lot more leaks from Nintendo employees, especially all of those who supposedly left in droves, if they were that unhappy about the company and had this much information. I would also expect a huge drop in game quality, unless Nintendo's devs really are gods that can make great games without any effort. Will be interesting to see how DK: Tropical Freeze turns out if Retro's power level really is at the bottom.

Around the Network

This doesn't sound realistic at all.

Purple said:
As I say, this is stuff I personally don't believe but I can guarantee you my friend does work for Nintendo. His role is quite junior though and I gather most of this is nonsense intended to wind me up or random office gossip. I only posted here as I was surprised to see a couple of things I was told turned out to be true.

He probably just got remarkably lucky. "2D version of the 3DS to come out soon" sounds like the sort of troll thing one might say to screw with a Nintendo fan... the fact that Nintendo is actually doing it is surprising. "W101 was originally a Wii game" sounds like something that a troll would say if they wanted to imply that it's no better than a Wii game... besides which, the fact that development started on the Wii makes sense; it's a pretty extensive game, it makes sense for it to have been in development for more than a year or so.

Meanwhile, the supposed information he's given you otherwise mostly sounds like he's openly predicting the complete destruction of Nintendo on the basis that third parties won't accept free money and will happily give bought dev kits back to Nintendo for no particular reason, that Miyamoto's games suck (what?), and that first-party developers are troubled by lack of power (when it's never been an issue for them before).

Perhaps you should go to your friend and ask him or her to provide something specific, unlikely, and confirmable. Something that hasn't been announced publicly, but is known within Nintendo. I'm betting that they can't provide anything.

Probably completely made up, but true at the same time.

TBH nothing I read here seemed that crazy...

forest-spirit said:

You'd think we would get a lot more leaks from Nintendo employees, especially all of those who supposedly left in droves, if they were that unhappy about the company and had this much information. I would also expect a huge drop in game quality, unless Nintendo's devs really are gods that can make great games without any effort. Will be interesting to see how DK: Tropical Freeze turns out if Retro's power level really is at the bottom.

Especially when Retro said that they chose DK over Metroid.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.