By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 Reportedly Runs in 1080p 60fps

Kasz216 said:
and christ, if half the people who are complaining about Bayonetta 2 being Wii U only had bought bayonetta 1... It wouldn't be Wii U only.

Kasz, this is the post of the thread. I'm still astounded by the rage over Bayonetta's 2 exclusivity.

Around the Network
Nyleveia said:
curl-6 said:
Nyleveia said:
curl-6 said:
The first stage of grief is Denial.

The second stage of grief is Anger.

The third stage of grief is Bargaining.

And we all know what stage Nintendo fans are stuck on.

None, since they are getting the game.

Yes getting bayo2 totally makes them not at any stage for everything else right?

But hey, you and all 5999 other people that buy a kamiya wii u game in then first week will enjoy it at least right? ;)

Doesn't really matter if it stays exclusive or ends up multi plat to me, never bought the first one so buying the second is just not going to happen, ever.

Just a clone of an already tired and crappy franchise padded out with tits and ass to fill the blanks.

A followup the one of the best games of the 7th generation? You bet your arse I'll enjoy it. :)

Bayo 2 will not sell in line with Wonderful 101, totally different situations.

curl-6 said:
Nyleveia said:
curl-6 said:
Nyleveia said:
curl-6 said:

Yes getting bayo2 totally makes them not at any stage for everything else right?

But hey, you and all 5999 other people that buy a kamiya wii u game in then first week will enjoy it at least right? ;)

Doesn't really matter if it stays exclusive or ends up multi plat to me, never bought the first one so buying the second is just not going to happen, ever.

Just a clone of an already tired and crappy franchise padded out with tits and ass to fill the blanks.

A followup the one of the best games of the 7th generation? You bet your arse I'll enjoy it. :)

Your taste in games explains a lot

Nyleveia said:

Your taste in games explains a lot

Your judgemental attitude towards other's preferences explains a lot.

Nyleveia said:
curl-6 said:
Nyleveia said:
curl-6 said:

OK, maybe you can answer my question since the other guy that claims not to give a damn, yet won't leave this thread won't: if the game doesn't matter to you, then why are you spending so much time and energy talking about it? This is not a dis, a callout or a anything else. I seriously want to know why it's so important for you to sound like you're butthurt over something you should be indifferent to.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Nyleveia said:
curl-6 said:
Nyleveia said:
curl-6 said:

OK, maybe you can answer my question since the other guy that claims not to give a damn, yet won't leave this thread won't: if the game doesn't matter to you, then why are you spending so much time and energy talking about it? This is not a dis, a callout or a anything else. I seriously want to know why it's so important for you to sound like you're butthurt over something you should be indifferent to.

Because its a forum, where people are free to discuss topics?, Not liking something doesnt mean you have to steer clear of threads about the thing you dont like, if people avoided things they didnt like rather than being vocal about it, everyone would walk around assuming every single thing they did was universally liked, which is a bad thing.

In having the opinion that it is bad, i have just as much of a reason to post in the thread as those that have the opinion that its good.

But, you are free to check my psn / xbl profiles for the original game, and you will find that the game isnt even listed in the list of achivements/trophys, theres a reason for that, that reason being i never bought it, borrowed it, rented it or even pirated it.

Alas, if its easier for you to assume that i actually liked the first game and "im just mad because its now a wiiu exclusive", then youre of course free to assume that, but in reality, im actually kinda glad its a wiiu exclusive, heres hoping the terrible sales of the game that lay ahead put them off making a third so they put their money and time into a new IP that might actually be good for once.

Mr Khan said:
KylieDog said:
PigPen said:
KylieDog said:
Good for all 20k people that wll buy it.

It's to bad you can't be one of them. Oh well, you can always watch the trailers.

I dislike Bayonetta, feel free to look up my opinion on it on this site somewhere.

Then why are you posting in this thread at all?

You know why...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

fatslob-:O said:
I somewhat doubt that i'll be able to achieve 1080p/60fps mainly because of hardware constraints.

and you are...?

Click HERE and be happy 

curl-6 said:

For the sake of discussion, please, tell me again how bayonetta 2 is going to sell so much better than wonderful 101.

Given that,

at a time when PS3 sales were over 40m, the game mustered a grand total of 1.09m units (one in 37 bought it)
at a time when 360 sales were over 45m, the game mustered a grand total of 0.86m units (one in 52 bought it)

with just 3.5m WiiU units sold, a one in 37 purchase rate results in 94,594 worldwide
with just 3.5m WiiU units sold, a one in 52 purchase rate results in 67,307 worldwide

These are terrible numbers, and even if you pad them out and generously double the buy-in by twice that of the ps3 and 360, you end up with sub-par sales of sub 190k units, and this is the excact reason why Nitendo is funding development, because they know damn well they wouldnt make any money, so this will result in one of two things, either ports to other consoles somewhere down the line, or the death of the franchise, personally i hope for the latter.

However way you look at it, The number of kids owning the console that wont have interest in the game balances out those that will buy it because there isnt much else to play, and those that actually want good games are going to wait a month or two and play the first party titles theyve been waiting to buy since launch.

My prediction?, sub-30k units worldwide in first week, sub 150k lifetime.

Nyleveia said:
curl-6 said:

For the sake of discussion, please, tell me again how bayonetta 2 is going to sell so much better than wonderful 101.

Simple.

W101 had three big problems; its difficulty and presentation were at odds in terms of target audience. It was a new IP. Its reviews were mixed.

Bayo 2 doesn't have the first two problems, and probably won't have the third either.