By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the DS get another redesign?

Naraku_Diabolos said:
FishyJoe, you're forgetting about the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl games on the DS. You NEED the GBA slot for importing Pokemon from the GBA games and unlocking rare occurances in the games after the National Dex.

...or you could just hold onto your DSlite for those rare occurances....  

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Another redesign is possible. I don't see it happening until Q3 2009 at the earliest.

I could actually see it happening late this year. DS sales have slowed down slightly - especially in Japan - and a redesign would simply rocket sales. I am almost certain that it will occur by the end of 2010 though.

Rath said:
I could actually see it happening late this year. DS sales have slowed down slightly - especially in Japan - and a redesign would simply rocket sales. I am almost certain that it will occur by the end of 2010 though.

Why release a redesign when they can just slash the price?  The DS lite in Japan has yet to price drop

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I don't think they should, but I heard one is in the works. Let's hope it's just the successor with two touch input or something.

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Rath said:

Why release a redesign when they can just slash the price? The DS lite in Japan has yet to price drop

Because more money is to be made off a redesign.

I dont expect another remodeled DS till nintendo's new handheld/phone hits the market

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

There most certainly will be a redesign. And it will release sometime in mid to late '09.

This redesign will not make it thinner, but it will make it sleeker. It will be more comfortable, it will be more aesthetic, it will have larger screens, and it will still have a GBA slot.

SW-5120-1900-6153

FishyJoe said:

The women would go nuts over it.

No we wouldn't. Some women would care, some men would care. Most people of both sexes have never even seen a DS and couldn't care less about a redesign.

Yep .. it will . It even has a chance to come out this Q4 :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!