By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the DS get another redesign?

DSLover said:
no redesign this year, probably not 2009 either, if nintendo want DS to go to 2011-12 then i would say a redesign could hit 2010, DS Micro perhaps. I'm sure that thinner screens, smaller components and removal of GBA Slot could allow DS's bulk to be trimmed

Again, going as small as possible isn't the way to go.  The GBA Micro proved that.

As the DS is marketed toward an entirely different new market than the GBA (old people), "super small" is not the answer. And the Micro proved that the old market - videogamers and kids - don't like "super small" either.

Trimming the DS's size any smaller than it is now isn't the answer. Making it fit better into the hands, reshaping it, and making it look better is the answer. 

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

They should release this as a "premium" DS model this Xmas - for say, 30% more than the current price. Easy way to make money!

It would instantly sellout - no matter where they released it.

They could then bring this down to the current DS price, while dropping the price of the current DS by say 10-20%.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I don't hope so. I don't see anything that could be improved on the DS, without taking it a generation up.

I actually see something like a DS2 coming out before a DS slim or whatever you want to name it, I mean the GBA went through 3 changes but the third didn't happen till after DS came out, so who knows maybe a DS2 then DS slim the next year at like 80 or 90 dollars.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
I actually see something like a DS2 coming out before a DS slim or whatever you want to name it, I mean the GBA went through 3 changes but the third didn't happen till after DS came out, so who knows maybe a DS2 then DS slim the next year at like 80 or 90 dollars.

Nintnedo is selling around half a million DS's a week, why would they release a DS2 any time soon?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)