By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Brawl's March release good for nintendo, bad for wii?

Yeah alright, I mean, I understand the concern for 3rd party titles...but again, I don't think there's anything that important in March. Nintendo has been releasing big-name games like MP3, Mario Party, SMG, and Mario Strikers among various 3rd party titles...and they're still hanging around...they can live through a Brawl attack I think.

How I feel...I'm not going to buy any other games in March except for maybe House of the Dead and Okami...as long as they're budget priced...so I couldn't really care less about any other games failing.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Then I think any third party should move themselves...it's their fault for not making a game as good as Brawl, they should move.

And don't give me crap about them not making a game as good as Brawl...Nintendo deserve's Brawl's sales, it's looking to be an amazing game...I don't understand why other developers can't do the same, or at least something close. No More Heroes is the closest yet.

Exactly.

If 3rd parties can't make quality games, they deserve crappy sales. If they don't want to lose sales to Brawl, they should make a game just as awesome if not better.

sarcasm?  cause that is pretty much how I feel.  I realize Nintendo has more resources than many developers, but there are companies like EA and Ubisoft that can make a really great game if they put the resources into it like Nintendo does.  It shouldn't be sarcasm to say someone should make a game better than Nintendo...I wish more top-notch developers existed.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

^Well, Ninty does have some of the most notable game developers in the world so it's not surprising that their games are almost always of the highest quality

People should spend their hard earned money on the best game(s) available, and for Wii, one of the top contenders is Brawl. If it does hurt 3rd-Parties then that sucks, but I wouldn't want people to buy a lesser game just to support other developers. Plus in the long-run, it'll probably help both as more people will want a Wii to play Smash, and will want more games and will hopefully pick up some nice 3rd-Party software.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

tastyshovelware said:
Haha, well to be fair, they were there first. They didn't ask for brawl to be delayed from december to february to march.

Problem is, Nintendo can't do another delay for Brawl. That last one probably took a hit on their potential sales.

If you think about it, it makes no real sence to push back Brawl for other games. It;s sacrificing your well being so games can sell 10k more.  The ends will not justify the means. Nintendo needs to get Brawl out now. They can't hold it much more. It's a bit to idealistic. Companies will release large, grand selling titles, and they have to prepare for that. It's not Nintendo's fault their game does well while others don't.

Around the Network

As much as I love nintendo (former nes, snes, and n64 owner), I worry that one day the n64/gc effect will kick in and people will realize that all they're getting are nintendo products and they'll jump ship in favor of the ps3/360.

I don't want to live off just nintendo titles for the wii's life span. And let's say there was a small title, zack and wiki caliber, scheduled to release in march. No one would buy it cause the media and gamer talk would all focus on brawl. z/w is a great game. Is it brawl great? well maybe, maybe not, but brawl would crush it all the same. I would hate to find that a real underdog title out of the bunch was lost in the shuffle with wii around.

And, you know what, I may be wrong, the games may all turn out to be crap. But I think the move to push brawl....... just a TINY bit may hurt nintendo a tiny bit, but it would help the wii and 3rd party faith in it long term.

I know it's a give and take relationship. I know 3rd party developers need to put in more of an effort. And I know brawl looks great. The fact is, no matter what was going up against brawl, even if it was a great port of GTA4, brawl would still beat it out. that's how powerful the game is.

Let the third parties polish their games more so they shine, delay the thrid party titles

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

There ISN'T a game like Z&W in March though. If No More Heroes was coming out in March, I might agree. But most of the 3rd party list in March looks decent, nothing that special though. I'm pretty sure things will be fine...Brawl will sell well for a long time too, so it's gotta start selling sometime...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

^ I dig your icon thing.

Me against the world is exhausting.

I agree with Ben's first post. I just could not handle another Brawl delay.

I would literally cry.