By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Brawl's March release good for nintendo, bad for wii?

narfwack said:
It's not that big of a deal if a game is pushed back. I would rather it be delayed and have better sales than try to do something stupid like take on SSBB.

Besides, it's really not Nintendo's fault that they didn't believe in them 'till too late and are just now able to push games out.

This is what I really agree with. If these 3rd parties had believed in the wii, then they would have had the games out before, during the Christmas period, and thus, no competition with Brawl (after the first delay was announced). 

Around the Network

I was prepared to flame the topic creator when I saw the title, but that's an interesting point, tasty.

There are a couple other things to consider along with your point, though:
-I had been under the impression that they had actually delayed Brawl to help No More Heroes, which is by far the most effort and budget at TP has spent on a Wii game so far?
-Along the same lines, I thought the original delay (from December) was so that Nintendo wouldn't have two gigantic blockbuster titles (Galaxy and Brawl) to deter sales from sweet games like Medal of Honour Heroes 2, RE:UC, Trauma Centre, etc.?

So, while I completely understand where you're coming from, I actually think Nintendo had this in mind when they made the delays?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

imo, Brawl should be delayed until November (notice how much of a brawl fan i am) so that Ninty has a good solid title for the holiday season

*hides*

I think the other way. I'd rather have Brawl now, a game I will be playing for 5+ years, than the off chance a 3rd party will "'potentially" make great games in the future. With the way the wii userbase is growing, developers will be essentially forced to make games for the wii, unless they want to be left behind profit wise. Then 3rd parties can keep the wii full of great games, and nintendo can back off, like they have with the ds.

While I'm not sure if I believe it 100% mr sink, I think you make some good points.

Around the Network

There's only so much "good will" Nintendo can do.

They can delay a game, PISSING off its fans to no end, so that games in March can sell better, but what about April releases? Then they're screwed.

Honestly, those games in March don't seem very important anyway...I don't see the big deal. Wii Fit has to come out sometime as well, and there's Mario Kart coming before summer hopefully...Nintendo is a game developer, they can't just stop making games for the sake of other companies making games for their system.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Well, my point is that there is nothing (at the moment) at all planned for april. it pretty much starts in late february and ends in late march with okami.

Then I think any third party should move themselves...it's their fault for not making a game as good as Brawl, they should move.

And don't give me crap about them not making a game as good as Brawl...Nintendo deserve's Brawl's sales, it's looking to be an amazing game...I don't understand why other developers can't do the same, or at least something close. No More Heroes is the closest yet.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

almost no games on the market are as good as brawl.

Look, I own a wii, im not anti nintendo, im not anti brawl. When it comes out, I will buy it. But that fact of the matter is, 3rd parties can't compete on that nintendo level because of the risk. Nintendo could shit a brick, add the word mario to it, and it would sell 5 million copies. 3rd parties (for the most part) can't do that. I hope brawl sells well, I hope it breaks records and all that, I would simply like to see 3rd party titles not get crushed and scare off developers.

BenKenobi88 said:
Then I think any third party should move themselves...it's their fault for not making a game as good as Brawl, they should move.

And don't give me crap about them not making a game as good as Brawl...Nintendo deserve's Brawl's sales, it's looking to be an amazing game...I don't understand why other developers can't do the same, or at least something close. No More Heroes is the closest yet.

Exactly.

If 3rd parties can't make quality games, they deserve crappy sales.  If they don't want to lose sales to Brawl, they should make a game just as awesome if not better.