By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oh Look. Another Gorgeous Indie Game On The PS4.

Turkish said:
PS4 has too many games.

So does the PC by the looks of things.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
Turkish said:
PS4 has too many games.

well, not this anymore since it seems that sony paid for it to get an exclusive release on ps4 and vita. 

Nsanity said:
Turkish said:
PS4 has too many games.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

crissindahouse said:
Nsanity said:
Turkish said:
PS4 has too many games.

well, not this anymore since it seems that sony paid for it to have a release only on ps4 and vita.

I was talking about PC in genreal and i reckon this one will eventually make it's way to more platforms in the near future.

Nsanity said:

I was talking about PC in genreal and i reckon this one will eventually make it's way to more platforms in the near future.

well, it will but normally it would release on pc first since that was always the plan. same with many other indie games sony showed at e3, pax and so on...

and i wouldn't have a problem with sony paying them to relesase it also on ps4 and vita if the developer wouldn't do it otherwise because that would increase the playstation library which would be great but paying them to release it "exclusively" on ps4 and vita when it was a pc game is exactly the same shit microsoft did with some arcade games and retail games on 360. but sony seems to do it with many more games right now.

all the games they showed the last months and which were already announced before went from "on pc/wiiu/whatever" to "exclusive on playstation" or "first on playstation".

not sure how any gamer can like stuff like that even if he is a playstation only owner. i also don't understand why people found it so great that minecraft or fez were only on xbox and not on playstation for some time. as gamer i have nothing from that.

Around the Network

Nothing like an obvious moneyhat for Sony. Funny how this is OK when Sony does it though... It doesn't bother me, just the double standard of it all.

crissindahouse said:

next indie game sony paid for to take it away from other platforms or at least to get it first. seems like sony is even worse right now as microsoft ever was if it comes to that. at least if we talk about the amount of games they pay for and not the amount of money they use for it.

usually sony doesnt pay the devs to get these indie devs to make the timed exclusives on their platforms. usually sony just contacts them, shows interest in what they are doing, sends some dev kits and thats all it takes. these indie devs do not have the resources to go around making their games on every platform, so they want to chose a single platform to start on, and since Sony has been going out of its way really to talk to all these devs and get them on Playstation, they are making their games first on PLayStation. other than dev kits, sony hasnt paid a penny to these devs in most cases

crissindahouse said:
Nsanity said:
Turkish said:
PS4 has too many games.

well, not this anymore since it seems that sony paid for it to get an exclusive release on ps4 and vita. 

i'm not sure sony is really paying for these though.  john blow said very clearly that no money changed hands for his timed-exclusivity on the witness.  he simply stated he is too small a team to support a multiplatform release at launch and thus it was going to be a "defacto timed-exclusive" regardless.  it's on ps4 first because sony has been more active in interfacing with indie, have had their indie policy in place for far longer than MS, and because they are giving indie's a fuck-ton of press that indie's simply can't afford to buy.  ...yet it costs sony nothing except a reputation for having a lot of indie games. 

..the list of games coming to ps4 but not to xbone (or at the very least not until much later) is getting to be massive.  makes me wonder what early adopters of xbox one will play in the first year because their isn't all that much AAA, boxed-titles announced across either platform.

bananaking21 said:
crissindahouse said:

next indie game sony paid for to take it away from other platforms or at least to get it first. seems like sony is even worse right now as microsoft ever was if it comes to that. at least if we talk about the amount of games they pay for and not the amount of money they use for it.

usually sony doesnt pay the devs to get these indie devs to make the timed exclusives on their platforms. usually sony just contacts them, shows interest in what they are doing, sends some dev kits and thats all it takes. these indie devs do not have the resources to go around making their games on every platform, so they want to chose a single platform to start on, and since Sony has been going out of its way really to talk to all these devs and get them on Playstation, they are making their games first on PLayStation. other than dev kits, sony hasnt paid a penny to these devs in most cases

yeah sure and microsoft also never paid for games like fez or minecraft right? 

why exactly does this game not release on pc anymore? because they got a playstation dev kit? suuure

kitler53 said:
crissindahouse said:
Nsanity said:
Turkish said:
PS4 has too many games.

i'm not sure sony is really paying for these though.  john blow said very clearly that no money changed hands for his timed-exclusivity on the witness.  he simply stated he is too small a team to support a multiplatform release at launch and thus it was going to be a "defacto timed-exclusive" regardless.  it's on ps4 first because sony has been more active in interfacing with indie, have had their indie policy in place for far longer than MS, and because they are giving indie's a fuck-ton of press that indie's simply can't afford to buy.  ...yet it costs sony nothing except a reputation for having a lot of indie games. 

..the list of games coming to ps4 but not to xbone (or at the very least not until much later) is getting to be massive.  makes me wonder what early adopters of xbox one will play in the first year because their isn't all that much AAA, boxed-titles announced across either platform.

i don't care about a game they showed in february, i'm talking as example about the whole e3 indie library where every game is "first on playstation" even if versions for pc or wii u were announced much earlier. nobody can tell me that it is only coincidence that all these developers changed their mind and thought "ok, first for playstation is the way to go even when we already work on the pc version for an year"

it's funny how microsoft always got bashed for it and that for years even when there was also never a developer saying "microsoft paid for that" so that we never had evidence but with sony doing exactly the same everything is fine...

no, both companies are horrible if it comes to this.