By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oh Look. Another Gorgeous Indie Game On The PS4.

CGI-Quality said:
think-man said:
CGI-Quality said:
think-man said:
Argh I'm losing interest in Indie games before the ps4 even launches lol

Why? I'm not understanding how more games are an issue.

Oh yeh they are its just that I all the indie games im seeing I have no interest in. 

Well, that I can understand, but I wouldn't just gve up on them totally.

Nah they can keep coming, I'd love to see some more Jrpg indie game though. That would spark my interest

Around the Network

This has been Sony approach since February...

Moderated - Kresnik.

CGI-Quality said:
Goatseye said:

-pointless gif

How exactly do you know what Sony paid for?

Gifs are supposed to be well elaborated ideas to be presented right?

You think exclusivity for all Indy games are from the free willing of the devs and their preference to Sony machine right?

CGI-Quality said:
Goatseye said:

You think exclusivity for all Indy games are from the free willing of the devs and their preference to Sony machine right?

I asked a simple question and got a clusterf**** of nonsense.

Anyway, no, not all Indies are being paid off. In fact, some flat out can't afford their games as PC exclusives, and turn to Sony for help, or Sony comes to them (as in the case of Daylight and Outlast devs who didn't need financial backing - both always knew they want to come to console, but didn't know which). Believe me, a lot more goes into the proceedings with Indies, they're not your average, commercial devs.

Anyway, moneyhatting like I was saying?

Have a good night!!

This game looks pretty interesting. Kinda like echochrome, only a little more complex in the art and gameplay departments. Can't wait to play it. I'm hoping it might be one of those games that Sony uses to fill a spot on the PS+ PS4 game slot one month.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
kitler53 said:
crissindahouse said:
Nsanity said:
Turkish said:
PS4 has too many games.

So does the PC by the looks of things.

well, not this anymore since it seems that sony paid for it to get an exclusive release on ps4 and vita. 

i'm not sure sony is really paying for these though.  john blow said very clearly that no money changed hands for his timed-exclusivity on the witness.  he simply stated he is too small a team to support a multiplatform release at launch and thus it was going to be a "defacto timed-exclusive" regardless.  it's on ps4 first because sony has been more active in interfacing with indie, have had their indie policy in place for far longer than MS, and because they are giving indie's a fuck-ton of press that indie's simply can't afford to buy.  ...yet it costs sony nothing except a reputation for having a lot of indie games. 

..the list of games coming to ps4 but not to xbone (or at the very least not until much later) is getting to be massive.  makes me wonder what early adopters of xbox one will play in the first year because their isn't all that much AAA, boxed-titles announced across either platform.

i don't care about a game they showed in february, i'm talking as example about the whole e3 indie library where every game is "first on playstation" even if versions for pc or wii u were announced much earlier. nobody can tell me that it is only coincidence that all these developers changed their mind and thought "ok, first for playstation is the way to go even when we already work on the pc version for an year"

it's funny how microsoft always got bashed for it and that for years even when there was also never a developer saying "microsoft paid for that" so that we never had evidence but with sony doing exactly the same everything is fine...

no, both companies are horrible if it comes to this. 

funnily enough i just read this piece of news.

Right now we’re working closely with Sony on the PlayStation versions of the game and are focusing all our resources on that. Any future platforms is just not decided on yet. We signed up for ID@Xbox early on just to have a plenty of option regarding which platforms to work on,  as well as signing up as a Nintendo developer for the same reason. Although we didn’t get accepted as a ID@Xbox developer and haven’t had any contact with them since then.

as it turns out, ID@xbox flat out rejected the game. if you are wondering why indies are heading towards playstation, it isnt because sony is paying them, its because Microsoft are pushing them away.  Sony treated them well, got excited about the project and most probably helped them with it, so its releasing on PlayStation first. 

im not trying to call you out or anything, your one of my fav users on here, but i just couldnt resist bumping this thread

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2014/03/07/microsofts-idxbox-appallingly-passed-up-on-the-now-ps4vita-exclusive-pavilion/

Goatseye said:
CGI-Quality said:
Goatseye said:

-pointless gif

Yes

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2014/03/07/microsofts-idxbox-appallingly-passed-up-on-the-now-ps4vita-exclusive-pavilion/

Indiestation4 confirmed. All these little gems are good for keeping people playing until the AAA games come out.

Don't forget about the Wii U... It has Toki Tori...!

Also, Bananaking, what have you done?

bananaking21 said:
Goatseye said:
CGI-Quality said:

Yes

I wish Sony was monyhating indies.