By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oh Look. Another Gorgeous Indie Game On The PS4.

JoeTheBro said:
bananaking21 said:
Goatseye said:
CGI-Quality said:

How exactly do you know what Sony paid for?

Gifs are supposed to be well elaborated ideas to be presented right?

You think exclusivity for all Indy games are from the free willing of the devs and their preference to Sony machine right?

Yes

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2014/03/07/microsofts-idxbox-appallingly-passed-up-on-the-now-ps4vita-exclusive-pavilion/

I wish Sony was monyhating indies.

i wish sony was money hating gamers. 

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

next indie game sony paid for to take it away from other platforms or at least to get it first. seems like sony is even worse right now as microsoft ever was if it comes to that. at least if we talk about the amount of games they pay for and not the amount of money they use for it.

Source? or FUD

Sony must be using the Billions of Dollars they expect to lose on buying Indies for PlayStation.

And Microsoft can't outbid them because they don't have Negative Dollars.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

pokoko said:
Every small game the PS4 gets means one less AAA game!!

Where'd you get that logic from?

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
crissindahouse said:

next indie game sony paid for to take it away from other platforms or at least to get it first. seems like sony is even worse right now as microsoft ever was if it comes to that. at least if we talk about the amount of games they pay for and not the amount of money they use for it.

Source? or FUD

Sony must be using the Billions of Dollars they expect to lose on buying Indies for PlayStation.

Assumptions, is all that is and nothing more. No proof and nothing to back up that Sony paid for the indie games.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
crissindahouse said:

Source? or FUD

It's FUD.

Sony is being super helpful with making indie games, but they aren't paying us to ignore the other systems.

Around the Network

The PS4s indie lineup looks incredible!!! ...I can't beleive nintendo wii doesnt jump on the wagon and start opening the floodgate on indie developers.

Ergh... you can get me to care about indies on the Vita but they will be staying far away from my PS4 unless its something like kingdom come. I didnt pay 400 euros to play indie games.

bananaking21 said:
crissindahouse said:

i don't care about a game they showed in february, i'm talking as example about the whole e3 indie library where every game is "first on playstation" even if versions for pc or wii u were announced much earlier. nobody can tell me that it is only coincidence that all these developers changed their mind and thought "ok, first for playstation is the way to go even when we already work on the pc version for an year"

it's funny how microsoft always got bashed for it and that for years even when there was also never a developer saying "microsoft paid for that" so that we never had evidence but with sony doing exactly the same everything is fine...

no, both companies are horrible if it comes to this. 

funnily enough i just read this piece of news.

Right now we’re working closely with Sony on the PlayStation versions of the game and are focusing all our resources on that. Any future platforms is just not decided on yet. We signed up for ID@Xbox early on just to have a plenty of option regarding which platforms to work on,  as well as signing up as a Nintendo developer for the same reason. Although we didn’t get accepted as a ID@Xbox developer and haven’t had any contact with them since then.

as it turns out, ID@xbox flat out rejected the game. if you are wondering why indies are heading towards playstation, it isnt because sony is paying them, its because Microsoft are pushing them away.  Sony treated them well, got excited about the project and most probably helped them with it, so its releasing on PlayStation first. 

im not trying to call you out or anything, your one of my fav users on here, but i just couldnt resist bumping this thread

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2014/03/07/microsofts-idxbox-appallingly-passed-up-on-the-now-ps4vita-exclusive-pavilion/

nice find.  even better memory to even think about necrobumping this thread.

kitler53 said:

nice find.  even better memory to even think about necrobumping this thread.

i saw an article about how id@xbox rejected the game on n4g, then i remembered in this thread some people were talking about sony money hating indies in the thread about this game, so i just made a quick search, and found the thread xD

pezus said:
Nem said:

Ergh... you can get me to care about indies on the Vita but they will be staying far away from my PS4 unless its something like kingdom come. I didnt pay 400 euros to play indie games.

Dude...Resogun

Nope. Not my cup of tea.