By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which one is more powerful? PS4 or XBOne? The pointless fight.

Wright said:

You personally don't care. Fine, I don't either. But think of the people that do. People that would have downplayed Xenoblade in the past because of its graphics. Why Nintendo came up with a 1080p console? Because the demand is on graphical power, it doesn't matter how good the games are with or without it. So now we're back at Sony and Microsoft, who are battling about having more polygons in screen just because that's what the market wants.

If any of those two could advertise the Call of Duty version as the "best-looking one compared to other consoles", trust me, they would. And this explains why the pointless fight, and why it will perpetually keep going on. It's just the history of consoles itself. Look back to Atari, Nintendo or Sega. They advertised their consoles upon the graphical power, not the games.

But you're comparing the Wii - PS360 gap to the PS4 - XBOne gap here which you know isn't fair. Like you said, if they could advertise their version of Call of Duty as "the best looking one", they'd do it but they can't because they're too similar. I'm not arguing against the jump to newer technologies and stronger machines but I'm arguing that with what we know of the PS4/XBOne, both made a significant jump in graphical capability, both will be able to wow us with insanely good looking games and that neither will have an advantage big enough to produce a visual experience that will blow the other out of the water (in a Wii vs HD twins kind of way).

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

the-pi-guy said:

ethomaz, I think you're missing the point of this.  Sure graphics do matter to an extent, but we can still have amazing games with bad graphics like you said.  With that said, both systems are very powerful and will allow amazing looking games.

I agree... I just think this amazing game will be even better with better gaphics.

PS. I didn't play PC because the issues and cost over that plataform but I know a lot of amazing games that became someting special on PC just because better graphcis and performance.

Both systems are above and beyond the current gen and Wii U .... good enough for me. What ever space between them is irrelevant to me. As long as they outshine the current gen and the Wii U's offerings, which have not impressed me this far, then I am fine with them.

ethomaz said:
Graphics always matter... you can have a amazing game with bad graphics and it will be even better with good graphics... to say that graphics are pointless is a big mistake.

PS4 is more powerful #FACT.

Please read the OP. Nowhere does it mention that graphics don't matter.

Signature goes here!

I dont understand who exactly it is that's fighting

PS4 is more powerful and X1 is less powerful. I don't understand what's so hard to get about this.

It's not like PS4 fans are going around shoving it down everybodies throats every second of the day saying "PS4 is more powerful than your weak console and all your games will look GARBAGE!!"

I honestly dont see any fighting

Who eactly is fighting?

Around the Network

Good thread but no matter how much you insist those 2 extra polygons will matter to people. Not because it matters, but because it is ammo for fanwars.

In reality those same people that are argueing about it should be playing Crysis daily even though Crysis 3 sold poorly in the retail market. Meanwhile Pokemon will go on to sell 10+ million on a single console.. You know obviosly because of the photo realistic style of pocket monsters ;p

the-pi-guy said:
ethomaz said:
Graphics always matter... you can have a amazing game with bad graphics and it will be even better with good graphics... to say that graphics are pointless is a big mistake.

PS4 is more powerful #FACT.

ethomaz, I think you're missing the point of this.  Sure graphics do matter to an extent, but we can still have amazing games with bad graphics like you said.  With that said, both systems are very powerful and will allow amazing looking games.  

they arent...360 was more powerful than high end pc when released. One is low end (7770 + low end CPU). Ps4 has more raw power (20-40% more).

kowenicki said:
[...]

(The use of # outside of twitter is a little embarrassing)

IRC would like to have a word with you.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Graphics are just a nice bonus really.

I mean I still play PS1 games now and again when the mood strikes me. Right now for example I'm replaying Legend of Dragoon, and the visuals don't bother me in the least. Great games are great, even if the visuals aren't amazing.

But I mean come on, if we have a choice between a great game, and that same great game with some better visuals or AI or whatever, cus there's some more power on hand, who doesn't want that? Doesn't mean we can't love games running on hardware that aren't at the bleeding edge of technology.

Real gamers aren't going to let specs stand in the way of getting games they think they'll enjoy, but that doesn't mean they can't appreciate having more power on hand either. I mean if power was irrelevant, we would never need any "next gen" systems at all would we.

Both consoles will produced beautiful jaw dropping graphics. Both consoles will have awesome exclusives and die-hard fans. It's just a matter of preference. I prefer both.