By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who Will Look Like the Bigger Fools over Xb One 2nd GPU?

Who will look more desperate over Xb one 2nd GPU rumours?

Xb one fans who want to see that 2nd GPU. 218 47.29%

Ps4 fans who are sure there isn't a 2nd GPU. 76 16.49%

They're all fools regard... 167 36.23%

Total:461

Feel free to spend a few hours conjuring up some kind of defense on that PS2 missile thing. I'll be back to shoot it down later....

(Pun not intended)..

Around the Network
fordy said:

You want to talk logic? At least don't break one of the fundamentals of logical implication when doing so. 

Now, there is a difference between cherry picking and calling out a subset of a group. The groups who are NOT in it for an agenda I have no qualms with. However, I know your posting history well enough to know that you're NOT in that category...

Calling out a subset is in fact a logical fallacy but hey... whatever. You just admitted in being either a liar, contradicting yourself or that you have no english comprehension. You called me a hypocrite which means that I have to fulfill the difinition of hypocrisy. Only what I fall in line with that is if the events I laid out in my first post were untrue... but you admit they were true... So your talking in circles and nonsense ends here

Max King of the Wild said:
Machiavellian said:

No one claimed it true besides maybe one or 2 people. 

please tell me your yanking my leg. Weve had a huge surge of new users just comment about these rumors being true. Its far greater than 1 or 2

Lets be honest, there are plenty of regulars in this thread which was commenting on the rumor more than stating it was true.  Who cares about a few that jump off the boat to make some wild claim.  I personally could only rememeber 2 but be my guess to find more.

Machiavellian said:

please tell me your yanking my leg. Weve had a huge surge of new users just comment about these rumors being true. Its far greater than 1 or 2

Lets be honest, there are plenty of regulars in this thread which was commenting on the rumor more than stating it was true.  Who cares about a few that jump off the boat to make some wild claim.  I personally could only rememeber 2 but be my guess to find more.

It would be easier for us if you just concede that this rumor picked up a lot of traction in these (and others) forums recently amongst strong supporters for the X1. That doesn't mean they all think it. Ive seen plenty who dont but the number is far greater than 2 who believe it.

fordy said:

You want to talk logic? At least don't break one of the fundamentals of logical implication when doing so. 

Now, there is a difference between cherry picking and calling out a subset of a group. The groups who are NOT in it for an agenda I have no qualms with. However, I know your posting history well enough to know that you're NOT in that category...

Calling out a subset is in fact a logical fallacy but hey... whatever. You just admitted in being either a liar, contradicting yourself or that you have no english comprehension. You called me a hypocrite which means that I have to fulfill the difinition of hypocrisy. Only what I fall in line with that is if the events I laid out in my first post were untrue... but you admit they were true... So your talking in circles and nonsense ends here

Example: If the KKK sided with other groups in saying that abortion is wrong, would accusing them of hypocrisy (say, because they kill others), be calling out a subset of the opposing group, or a logical fallacy, as you imply?

Absolutely ludicrous is the fact that you claim to spot logical fallacies, yet cannot comprehend even the simplest of logic...

You did fulfil the definition of hypocrisy. Read the earlier posts. You believe that your group (the Sony fans) have some kind of higher ground in the "calling out bullshit" category. Classic....hypocrisy.

Edit: I'm going to add a term that is common here that defines this pretty well: "You believe that your shit doesn't stink"

Around the Network
fordy said:
fordy said:

Example: If the KKK sided with other groups in saying that abortion is wrong, would accusing them of hypocrisy (say, because they kill others), be calling out a subset of the opposing group, or a logical fallacy, as you imply?

Absolutely ludicrous is the fact that you spot logical fallacies, yet cannot comprehend even the simplest of logic...

You did fulfil the definition of hypocrisy. Read the earlier posts. You believe that your group (the Sony fans) have some kind of higher ground in the "calling out bullshit" category. Classic....hypocrisy.

Your backwards logic is really something. First off calling out a subset is a logical fallacy because its disingenuous to my statement. Second, your analogy isn't even comparable to the events in question. Third, writing someone off as a hypocrite is a logical fallacy.

And finally, in order for me to be a hypocrite like you claim I need to fulfill certain criteria to meet the definition. One of those criteria is that I need claim to have higher standards... which I don't do. I simply explain exactly whats been happening recently. It also needs to be "more than is the case" but you admitted earlier that my post is in fact in line with reality and thus is the case.

You are beat. Give up.

Machiavellian said:

It would be easier for us if you just concede that this rumor picked up a lot of traction in these (and others) forums recently amongst strong supporters for the X1. That doesn't mean they all think it. Ive seen plenty who dont but the number is far greater than 2 who believe it.

I concede that the rumor picked up steam because there is a lot of unknown information.  Just like any rumor they come and they go.  They get disproved and they get validated.  Who cares why a rumor gains traction, its the information, lack of information or collaboration of information thats interesting.  If there are people that believe this rumor, so what.  All will be revealed on the 29th.  No amount of saying it not true will change anyone opinion if they have formed one and there is no sheading of light since most commentors haven't even taken the time to actually read all of the information.  Most of the naysayers opinions usually come from a place of ignorance about whats been stated so you instantly dismiss their comments.

Case in point would be all the claims MS would just come out and say they have something when the rumor covered why they would not.  Other stuff like showing the motherboard when the rumor clearly stated its on the second layer of the Mobo.  Some make good points like, Killer Instinct not 1080 60, or Dead Rision not 60FPS ect.  Even comments from Albert are good arguments.

In the end, good debate ends when the fanboys start to throw fanboy ammo into forums derailing any positive conversations into the whole My corporation has more power in their product then yours deal with it.  Yeah, like we really need to read that crap over and over again.

im really surprised this thread is allowed as its clear bait for each side to take shots at eachother.

how could anyone expect civil discourse with a title of who will look more foolish. This is grade school stuff

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

fordy said:

Absolutely ludicrous is the fact that you spot logical fallacies, yet cannot comprehend even the simplest of logic...

Your backwards logic is really something. First off calling out a subset is a logical fallacy because its disingenuous to my statement. Second, your analogy isn't even comparable to the events in question. Third, writing someone off as a hypocrite is a logical fallacy.

And finally, in order for me to be a hypocrite like you claim I need to fulfill certain criteria to meet the definition. One of those criteria is that I need claim to have higher standards... which I don't do. I simply explain exactly whats been happening recently. It also needs to be "more than is the case" but you admitted earlier that my post is in fact in line with reality and thus is the case.

You are beat. Give up.

I'm going to have to break this down for you to properly understand, because it seems like you're having difficulties here:

Predicate 1: Your statement was "See, the difference is the x1 fans are stretching, reaching, assuming and speculating. The opposing side is just making them aware that wishful thinking doesnt make it true. " Do you or do you not agree with this?

Predicate 2: Given this, you are, of course, on the opposing side, no? Keep in mind that I do read over the posting history of quite a few people, and I could post some examples of your stance if I disagree with your answer to this.

Predicate 3: Are you or are you not a fan of Sony? Once again, can easily grab relevant posting history to prove my point..

If you answered yes to all of these, then we can move on:

"One of those criteria is that I need claim to have higher standards... which I don't do"

Your claim that the other side (which you have inocrrectly labeled as x1 fans)  is "reaching, assuming and speculating" gives claim to the fact that their actions are below actions of what you would consider "acceptable", else you would not bring them up. However, if you do concede that, yes, Sony fans are just as guilty of reaching, assuming and speculating, then you'll have no problems of my claim of you as a Hypocrite.

"It also needs to be "more than is the case" but you admitted earlier that my post is in fact in line with reality"

The outcome of whether this rumor turns out to be true or not is irrelevant. You cannot accuse a group of doing something that your group is just as guilty of doing WITHOUT being a hypocrite. If you cannot agree with that, then I'm afraid that it's your concept of logic that requires some serious overhaul.

Do you want to keep going? I have no problems with exposing your hypocrisy even further...

So how long are we gonna keep this thread opened? rabid fanboys.....

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.