By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who Will Look Like the Bigger Fools over Xb One 2nd GPU?

Who will look more desperate over Xb one 2nd GPU rumours?

Xb one fans who want to see that 2nd GPU. 218 47.29%

Ps4 fans who are sure there isn't a 2nd GPU. 76 16.49%

They're all fools regard... 167 36.23%

Total:461
ethomaz said:

The ones that believes in unicorns

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Are they those that clop on Master Brony photos?   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

I think that amount of Xbros that flat out believe this exaggerated, like I said in my first post. The only one that is a regular user that flat out said they choose to believe it was that dude who has what I'm guessing is a pic of himself with some fine young girl as his avatar. At least as far as I remember. Looking at all of these threads that talk about this, you'll find far more people who flat out say no way in hell and then go on to list the reasons why, often accompanied by a condescending tone.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

CGI-Quality said:
nightsurge said:

Nope. Never was debunked for sure. Just as it never was confirmed. Such are the ways of the rumors

Something tells me it's quite far from the truth, or Microsoft would have confirmed it already. Besides, I think it is pretty naive to even expect a multi-GPU setup out of consoles right now, let along one with a sub-$700-S800 price tag.

First off, for the thousandth time, the rumor implies an NDA so MS could not confirm it yet.

Now I agree the rumor is very unlikely, but isn't it also interesting that MS has not outright declared the rumor false? They had no problem shooting down all the past rumors, so why stay silent about this one.

Also, I can buy a laptop with apu + dgpu for $500. I know the rumor claims some crazy powerful dgpu, but what if it is just another smaller gpu of only .5TF to help boost the main gpu and overall performance.

Since MS have not elaborated on all their coprocessors yet, what if their combined power is easily enough to offload the gpu and make up the .5TF difference? We won't know for a long time yet :)

As with any claim, the one making it has the most to lose.

dsgrue3 said:

Saying this makes you a hypocrite. Har har har.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
CGI-Quality said:
nightsurge said:

Nope. Never was debunked for sure. Just as it never was confirmed. Such are the ways of the rumors

Something tells me it's quite far from the truth, or Microsoft would have confirmed it already. Besides, I think it is pretty naive to even expect a multi-GPU setup out of consoles right now, let along one with a sub-$700-S800 price tag.

First off, for the thousandth time, the rumor implies an NDA so MS could not confirm it yet.

Now I agree the rumor is very unlikely, but isn't it also interesting that MS has not outright declared the rumor false? They had no problem shooting down all the past rumors, so why stay silent about this one.

Also, I can buy a laptop with apu + dgpu for $500. I know the rumor claims some crazy powerful dgpu, but what if it is just another smaller gpu of only .5TF to help boost the main gpu and overall performance.

Since MS have not elaborated on all their coprocessors yet, what if their combined power is easily enough to offload the gpu and make up the .5TF difference? We won't know for a long time yet :)

Theyve ponly decalred negative rumours to be false, never positive ones.

fordy said:

I'm going to have to break this down for you to properly understand, because it seems like you're having difficulties here:

Predicate 1: Your statement was "See, the difference is the x1 fans are stretching, reaching, assuming and speculating. The opposing side is just making them aware that wishful thinking doesnt make it true. " Do you or do you not agree with this?

Predicate 2: Given this, you are, of course, on the opposing side, no? Keep in mind that I do read over the posting history of quite a few people, and I could post some examples of your stance if I disagree with your answer to this.

Predicate 3: Are you or are you not a fan of Sony? Once again, can easily grab relevant posting history to prove my point..

If you answered yes to all of these, then we can move on:

"One of those criteria is that I need claim to have higher standards... which I don't do"

Your claim that the other side (which you have inocrrectly labeled as x1 fans)  is "reaching, assuming and speculating" gives claim to the fact that their actions are below actions of what you would consider "acceptable", else you would not bring them up. However, if you do concede that, yes, Sony fans are just as guilty of reaching, assuming and speculating, then you'll have no problems of my claim of you as a Hypocrite.

"It also needs to be "more than is the case" but you admitted earlier that my post is in fact in line with reality"

The outcome of whether this rumor turns out to be true or not is irrelevant. You cannot accuse a group of doing something that your group is just as guilty of doing WITHOUT being a hypocrite. If you cannot agree with that, then I'm afraid that it's your concept of logic that requires some serious overhaul.

Do you want to keep going? I have no problems with exposing your hypocrisy even further...

Predicate 2: I haven't said anything on this subject. I haven't taken any sides. Your assumption is that its either this or that. This me vs them mentality you are portraying is concerning. You should check it out. So please, bring up a post of mine where I comment against the people talking about the 2nd GPU. You wont find it. The most you will find is me talking about the power difference between two systems concerning the People Can Fly developer.

Predicate 3: I am. But again it's irrelevant. You should really get this, "heres the line. No one can cross it" type of attitude checked out.

I incorrectly labeled the ones who are spreading the 2nd GPU rumor as absolute turth as X1 fans? Well, theres nothing more to discuss if you honestly think that. Again, this has nothing to do with Sony fans. I know you think it makes sense in your "If you arent with us you must be a Sony fan and thus against us" type of thinking but it isn't the case.

Max King of the Wild said:
dsgrue3 said:

Saying this makes you a hypocrite. Har har har.

Not following. It applies to *that* claim too.

the real fools are the people replying to the fools. trying to convince yourself or the fool?

tres said:
the real fools are the people replying to the fools. trying to convince yourself or the fool?

This statement... its a mind fuck. The real fools are the ones who reply to fools.... which implies that the fools are fake fools...