By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Major Nelson on X1 Power: "I can't wait for the truth to come out."

The truth shall set you free.

Around the Network
ExistentialNihilist said:
Madword said:

Let's be honest most people knew the PS4 was more powerful, it wasnt difficult to figure that out... unfortunately some people were to blinkered and were desperate for Secret sauce. Wonder if Major Nelson will be pulled up about this... I guess he will just say.. look at Battlefield for evidence.

Of course we are yet to see any difference graphics wise in games, so I guess that will be the next area of contention :)

i see lots difference in thread about bf4. make big picture very obvious ps4 advantage. i think you speak only you and i say get glasses

It wasnt me that was saying it, many people on various websites were saying there wasn't a lot of differences. I could see jaggies, but there was no doubt that the PS4 version was dulled in comparison. 

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
Ok can we put the rumour of an extra chip to bed now?

No, we can't! It could still be a moron chip slowing the system down with bad ideas!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
Madword said:
Ok can we put the rumour of an extra chip to bed now?

No, we can't! It could still be a moron chip slowing the system down with bad ideas!

Oh ok, will await a hidden message from some random forum that tells me there is a secret moron chip in the power supply.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

bananaking21 said:

just to clarify, do you love banana as love me, or love "my banana"

I love banana and not "your banana"

Around the Network

Looks like the truth came out...lol!

OK I have a really good rumor re console power, graphics etc. (I know it is a good rumor because I made it up myself)!
Rumor is:

The Wii U is the most powerful of the Next Gen consoles. I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who- that someone had been messing around. Well they had- Nintendo has 18 Super Vapor Lock cores - they are bleeding edge microtech and very difficult to see if you do not know were to find them.

The inside info is that once the Wii U Zelda gam is ready Nintendo will unlock these Super Vapor Lock cores (aka SVL's) via code in the first 2 hours of the Zelda game (great marketing huh??- have to buy the game to get the performance boost) Once you get to this part of the game and unlock the hidden chest BAMM!! the real power of the Wii U will be unlocked- think of when The Wizzard of Ozz goes from black & white to full Technicolor!

It will blow everyone away- Then the truth will come out about the real power of the Wii U- It will blow away both the XB1 and PS4 The Zelda game will sell millions as will the Wii U on its march to being the #1 console for its generation

You heard it hear first - my sources are impeccable but of course I can t reveal them ... all I can say is Balmer retired for a reason and my sources say it was due to his total fear of the Wii U Super Vapor Lock cores (SVL cores) because he had a chance to buy the IP from the inventor s but passed as he thought they could do knock offs much cheaper=- he handed the project, code named "knockers" to the now CEO of Zynga but he failed - now Nintendo has this incredible tech is going to unleash it on the world in 4th Q 2016 once the Zelda U game is finally complete

What a dump statement.

The PS4 is so powerful it won't even acknowledge CD's or MP3's. Now that's power.

Max King of the Wild said:
I can't wait too. They talk about how great their engineers are but fail to talk about the RRoD issue, lack of HDD on launch models and an add on for HD-DVD. Directx existed when the 360 came out too yet their games fell behind Sony's in terms of graphics

You aren't making any fair comparisons.

Xbox 360 launched ahead of the PS3, and was far cheaper. The fact that later gen PS3 games looked marginally better was to be expected. Also, the launch models gave the OPTION of an even cheaper version with no HDD. But they did have them at launch.