By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Major Nelson on X1 Power: "I can't wait for the truth to come out."

From NeoGAF

Speaking of Larry Hyrb, it seems he took to Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comm...g_up_a/cc2nezu) to post that he agrees with Albert Penello about the Xbone's power vs. PS4. The thread Albert originally posted his comment in has been locked, but Albert basically said that the PS4 is not 30% more powerful. Lary Herb has now said the following

"As I said above, Albert is one of the most amazing people I work with - that's why I invited him on my podcast a few weeks ago. I jab him a bit about posting on 'GAF (fact: they would not approve my account of there) but he's smart and driven. He's also right: We have some of smartest programmers in the world working on Xbox One. I am very much looking forward to the next few months (and beyond) as the truth comes out."

Pretty interesting and bold statement. For reference here is Alberts original post 

"I’m not dismissing raw performance. I’m stating – as I have stated from the beginning – that the performance delta between the two platforms is not as great as the raw numbers lead the average consumer to believe. There are things about our system architecture not fully understood, and there are things about theirs as well, that bring the two systems into balance.People DO understand that Microsoft has some of the smartest graphics programmers IN THE WORLD. We CREATED DirectX, the standard API’s that everyone programs against. So while people laude Sony for their HW skills, do you really think we don’t know how to build a system optimized for maximizing graphics for programmers? Seriously? There is no way we’re giving up a 30%+ advantage to Sony. And ANYONE who has seen both systems running could say there are great looking games on both systems. If there was really huge performance difference – it would be obvious.

I’m not saying they haven’t built a good system – I’m merely saying that anyone who wants to die on their sword over this 30%+ power advantage are going to be fighting an uphill battle over the next 10 years… 

Around the Network

Personally I think the whole 2nd GPU thing is crazy talk but I wouldn't be surprised if the overall architecture isnt built solidly enough to have great real world results.

TBH multiplat difference in graphics will be not that big a difference at all.

Where does the interview end? Where in the text your opinion start?

Goatseye said:
Where does the interview end? Where in the text your opinion start?

My opinion isnt there at all just a copy paste from NeoGAF. Ill write the OP better 

i cant wait for the truth to come out either. it will end this penis size contest between fanboys. PS4 is more powerful, end of story. i dont see the big deal here

Around the Network

I doubt there is anything to it other than trying to shift perception. That's his job, after all. I don't understand why they would be trying to hide anything at this point. It's not like Sony is going to redesign the PS4. If they had better hardware than people thought, wouldn't they be advertising it? They've certainly been letting people know about the increase in clock speeds. There is no gain in saying, "ha, we fooled you by making you think it was weak." Wouldn't that be a way to actually lose sales?

It's likely just spin, for the most part.

"I am very much looking forward to the next few months (and beyond) as the truth comes out."
Let's wait for the next few months before judging his words.

Well this is to be expected since they've been fumbling around and trying to get the specs closer and up to par with its competitors.

And wtf does he mean by he "cant wait"? The console has already been revealed and the specs are pretty much already known except for the things they're scrambling to tweak and change

But but specs don't matter!

enditall727 said:
Well this is to be expected since they've been fumbling around and trying to get the specs closer and up to par with its competitors.

And wtf does he mean by he "cant wait"? The console has already been revealed and the specs are pretty much already known except for the things they're scrambling to tweak and change

He probably means he cant wait for games to cone out and look nearly identical on both systems. 

95% of all multi plats will probably only have some small differences not the huge gap numbers would imply