By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Major Nelson on X1 Power: "I can't wait for the truth to come out."

This hasn't been proven false or true, yet the meltdowns here and on NeoGAF about it already are nuts. NUTS!!!

The only ones fighting this hard are PS fanboys. A real PS4 fan (you know, the rational ones) would see this a sign that multiplats won't suffer instead of a threat to their beloved. I really wish more of them would chime in on this so we'd have some balance.

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:
This hasn't been proven false or true, yet the meltdowns here and on NeoGAF about it already are nuts. NUTS!!!

The only ones fighting this hard are PS fanboys. A real PS4 fan (you know, the rational ones) would see this a sign that multiplats won't suffer instead of a threat to their beloved. I really wish more of them would chime in on this so we'd have some balance.

Rational PS fans?

IMPOSSIBRUUU

Mmmfishtacos said:

How's is it flawed? It's not like Dual GPU is anything new. MS, Hey we run two GPU's we are more powerful. End of story. They could have waited to show the mother board and the hot chips discussion till after the 29. But they didn't they’ve already discussed and shown their mother board, and that doesn’t break the supposed NDA? 

Same GPU?  it's just based of the AMD Gpu, Sony modified it to be what it is. There would have been better GPU's at the time, it's not like they pick the top of the line GPU at the time. I'm not an expert it just seems to me that it would be easier to have one GPU that twice the powerful than two separate GPUs. In my field and generally with any machine, the more moving parts the more likely that machine will fail. That's why I asked why going with to mid-level GPU over one High end GPU would be better.

Yeah, you are right that duel GPUs are nothing new but how many duel GPUs in an APU are out in the market.  How many combination of an APU with a 2nd GPU do you see out there now.  How many of such parts does AMD make now.  I really do not know what to say.  You are really not thinking your argument through very well.  How is MS going to make a statement about a design that does not exist today an not tread on AMD announcement.  You act as if things just end with that one statement and nobody is going to ask How, where is the GPU, what are the specs,  how does it integrate with the APU.  So MS release that Pandora box and you believe they can just say No comment from that point on.

You do know that the hot chips conference isnt an MS conference right.  You do know MS cannot delay the conference because they want to announce something later in the year. You do know that MS presented at Hotchips for the 360 as well so they probably had an agreement with Stanford to present the X1 chip.  How is showing the motherboard would break the NDA when the dGPU is rumored to be on the second layer?  If you are going to argue a point, at least understand the technology first.  

Better GPUs at what time.  As I mentioned without knowing when the actual APU custom design was built and finish who knows what was avaliable.  Have you ever setup a PC using crossfire or even Nvidia SLI.  depending on the card, you can actually get better performance with 2 GPU cards than one uber card for cheaper.  Case in point would be the Nvidia Titan.  You can put together 2 680s and for cheaper than one Titan and in most scenarios get the same performance or better.

This is not a car, there are no moving parts.  That analogy doesn't really fit with the hardware in question.  If that was the case then having a CPU 8 of them and one GPU would make the whole design really unstable than just adding another GPU.  The question is not why going from a mid level GPU to a high end, the question is what does the gGPU does that AMD decided to create such a part.  The way your argument is structure it appears as if you believe MS built this part but its AMD who built the part.  Why does AMD feel the need for a dGPU, what is the benefit and cost savings compared to a regular APU with a GPU card.  What would a customer purchase a APU with a dGPU over other combinations.  The question isn't why MS wouldn't use such a chip because its obvious, the question is why AMD made such a part and what are the benefits.  We will not know that until the 29th.

The truth is multiplats will be comparable this upcoming generation as they were in the 7th gen.
Ps3 on paper was more powerful than the 360, no question about it. But games such as Uncharted, TLou, Killzone, God of War all looked wonderful because of developer talent.
Just as the 360 had the great looking games such as Forza 4 and Halo 4 both looked amazing, but again that was developer talent.
Could care less which is more powerful tbh.

Around the Network

Does the guy get hard if people think his console is more powerful?

I swear the pr statements these days....

It's spin. Period. The designs are in the can, being produced in factories as I type this. At this point, respective MS and SCE marketing reps simply wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't try their damnedest to keep people talking and attempting to gain more sales.

There is no magic to be found in the box. They didn't blatantly lie about the specs to media and consumers worldwide and tuck away an additional $100 worth of silicon/specs into the design Secret/Sneaky Sam style, and real world end results will depend more upon the efforts or lack there of developers for each system.

Besides, it was already decreed that specs don't matter, the infinite power of the cloud, something, something buy our system, whatever.

I said it out loud now. They will destroy sony at next e3 with the power of the cloud.

ROFL. People still dont get NDA.

This is the first time a Microsoft employee has directly told those people thinking 30% performance gain for PS4 is wrong. The first time Microsoft has hinted that they dont know what they are talking about.

As many rumours suggest, the CPU, GPU design in Xbox One with all its CO Processors that PS4 doesnt have is designed to maximise Graphics differently.

In the end, the Xbox One will either be on par on slightly less or slightly more. Forza 5, Ryse, Quantum Break are all argueably fighting for best console visuals so far.

PS4 will not own Xbox One graphically at all over the next 10 years.

Not gonna happen. When I saw the GPU design, it was pretty obvious there was things there the PS4 GPU does not have. Clock speed alone isnt king anymore. And hasnt been in PC's for years.

enditall727 said:
Well this is to be expected since they've been fumbling around and trying to get the specs closer and up to par with its competitors.

And wtf does he mean by he "cant wait"? The console has already been revealed and the specs are pretty much already known except for the things they're scrambling to tweak and change

What he means with he "cant wait" is he can't wait when the xbox and ps4 really come out and the people can see with their own eyes that ps4 games will not look better than the xbox one counterparts.