By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Major Nelson on X1 Power: "I can't wait for the truth to come out."

ListerOfSmeg said:
riderz13371 said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
Most powerful console hasn't won a single generation.
Last gen was won by Wii
Previous gen by PS2
before that is was PS1
All of them were inferior to other consoles on the market.
I am not sure why people think power matters when they don't have a single fact to back that claim up.
If power really mattered everyone would game on PC.
People who argue against that are only showing that power doesn't matter. Whatever reason they provide is more important than power.

OUYA to win next gen race confirmed?

LMao leave it to a Sony fanto not understand what was being said.

Power doesnt matter and never has. WHy bring up Ouya unless you cant counter what I said by providing proof?

Games are the deciding factor and Ouya doesnt have them at this point. Lmao...

Most powerful console never wins

Ouya to win next gen

As if I said weakest console always win. Nice try

Ohh...you took me seriously...

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
riderz13371 said:

Power doesnt matter and never has. WHy bring up Ouya unless you cant counter what I said by providing proof?

Ouya to win next gen

This post is hilarious!!!  Sorry, it is simply because you took his joke so seriously or are you the ultimate jokster?  

I dont know them

sarcasm isnt obvious in text.

Yes I took his comment as it was implied. Seriously. Otherwise why leave out the /S in that?

Some people.. They expect you to be phsycic and just know what someone else is thinking in their head.

Hynad said:
JoeTheBro said:
Hynad said:

Please. Stop.

Now look at this:

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/6972/20130514-XBOX-ONE-TEARDOWN-015.jpg

There's really nothing more to say about the subject.

You do know they faked that, right? They were under NDA and built a fake xbone.

Source?

Because the layout around the processor is pretty much in line with what they showed at Hot Chips.

Well if we are going by the rumor, the dGPU is on the 2nd layer of the motherboard which of course you would not see from looking at the top of its innards.

riderz13371 said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
riderz13371 said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
Last gen was won by Wii
Previous gen by PS2
before that is was PS1
I am not sure why people think power matters when they don't have a single fact to back that claim up.
People who argue against that are only showing that power doesn't matter. Whatever reason they provide is more important than power.

Ouya to win next gen

Looks at sig... Looks at comment... Yeah you were being serious. You only imply you arent now to save face because my reply made you look bad.

Like I can read your mind.

JoeTheBro said:
Hynad said:
the-pi-guy said:
Hynad said:
Source?

Because the layout around the processor is pretty much in line with what they showed at Hot Chips.

Really?  You do know he's kidding right...?

Yes. I know. But for the sake of everyone who would feel compelled to bring this kind of things up, we have to get to the bottom of it. =P

Ask and you receive.

Good enough.

Around the Network
ListerOfSmeg said:
riderz13371 said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
riderz13371 said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
Last gen was won by Wii
Previous gen by PS2
before that is was PS1

Ouya to win next gen

Looks at sig... Looks at comment... Yeah you were being serious. You only imply you arent now to save face because my reply made you look bad.

Like I can read your mind.

If it is true, I don't think that MS not saying anything until the end of the month is as big of a deal as some make it out to be. I mean like people have been pointing out in various threads, the initial supplies are already going to sell out regardless so it's not like this news would make a difference in that regard. Then factor in that they have been slowly repairing their image with the 180 and all of that. It's not like they are going from post E3 mess straight to release in a month where they would need every bit of good news on their side. By the time the second wave of consoles was available I don't think it would have any negative impact.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

ListerOfSmeg said:
riderz13371 said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
Last gen was won by Wii
Previous gen by PS2
before that is was PS1

Ouya to win next gen

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

So, the strategy here is that, you intentionally release a console that is less powerful than your competitor, because the more powerful NEVER wins, AND also release it at a higher price point?

Since power doesn't matter, then I guess the WiiU is going to win, right?

Machiavellian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Machiavellian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

Why don't you just black out anything that can be traced back to you and post it? Even if they are restricted by the NDA there was nothing stopping them from telling everyone that the Xbox has 2 GPU's, and not going into details. That alone would have been enough to shut a lot of people up. But instead they bring up how superior their programing is. When you take into account that MS said that kinect 2 cost just as much as the box and expect to break even on the system just shoots this whole damn rumor in the head. So back it up. 

Why do you keep making this statement.  It really shows that you do not know how a NDA works.  You cannot disclose anything, not make any reference cannot say something exist or could exist or might exist.  You cannot make any reference that leads to people knowing that something exist.  If under NDA you basically just say no comment and leave it at that.  What you definitely cannot do is say you have something that can only lead to a product not announced by the company that put you under the NDA.  Its really that simple.

The NDAs we have companies sign when they use our software is pretty intensive.  One mistake by someone releasing this info has huge penelties. The reason for NDAs is because the company does not want their competition to get wind of their stuff and try to match it at the same time as you bring out your product.

There's nothing, and I mean nothing that would stop MS from telling everyone they have 2 GPU in their systems. And not telling how they are linked together. That's the only part they should have left out and the only part that that needs to be addressed right now. They didn't need to have the hotchips discussion and leave half the crap out, they didn't have to show the mother board. They could have just had a few slides like Sony, detailing what's in the box and nothing more. 

So their master plan was to lose an ass load of ground to Sony, only to come out when it's too late and tell the world they've been lied to yet again? 

So either 1 of 2 things happened. 

1. it isn’t true and this is all made up by the internet. or 

2. They've made the biggest blunder ever in the history of video games and quite possible electronics.

And there’s still the fact they MS them self’s stated that the Kinect cost just as much as the box and they expect to break even on each system sold. It just doesn’t add up. Why go for two GPU’s when you could have used one with twice the power for the same cost?

What you are saying absolutly does not make sense and its not how NDAs work.  There is no way MS can just say, we have 2 GPUs and it not go against a NDA that states you make no statements about such tech.  There is no way anyone would not know what the 2nd GPU is because once you make that statement you than need to tell everyone what it is.  You bring up hotchips but notice there was nothing from it that would suggest there is a dGPU because as the rumor stated its on the second layer of the motherboard.  Meaning they can easily talk about the parts they want to and keep quite on the parts they are not ready to release if ever.

You are coming under the assumption that this is an MS NDA.  If MS wanted the dGPU and AMD did not want it disclosed unitl after the 29th, there is NOTHING ms can do to go against that plan.  It has nothing to do with wanting to give ground to Sony because if anyone is making decision on purchasing the PS4 because its more powerful than the X1, they would just change their preorder.

My point to you is not that the rumor is true or false, its your reason thats flawed.  NDA would prevent MS from making any statements about the part if the rumor was true and your argument that MS could just say we have a 2nd GPU is flawed.  There are plenty of arguments you can make but that one is totally flawed.

Now to move to your last point.  You have no clue how much a dGPU would cost and the timing of its addition.  MS could have built the X1 APU for awhile and changing such a complex arch would cost way more than just adding an additional GPU on the system.  Actually if the rumor is true thats probably would be the reason for it as adding a separate GPU from the APU is much easier than a complete redesign of their current APU.  No one knows how early the X1 APU was done and preview builds were made.  No one knows if MS always planned for a dGPU since this rumor is pretty old and that was their plan to keep the X1 revelant for 10 years.  Also, what is the highest spec GPU for AMD APUs at the time of design.  If the PS4 is the highest than definitely having 2 GPU sharing the same interconnects within a console produces much better results than having the same GPU as the PS4.

How's is it flawed? It's not like Dual GPU is anything new. MS, Hey we run two GPU's we are more powerful. End of story. They could have waited to show the mother board and the hot chips discussion till after the 29. But they didn't they’ve already discussed and shown their mother board, and that doesn’t break the supposed NDA? 

Same GPU?  it's just based of the AMD Gpu, Sony modified it to be what it is. There would have been better GPU's at the time, it's not like they pick the top of the line GPU at the time. I'm not an expert it just seems to me that it would be easier to have one GPU that twice the powerful than two separate GPUs. In my field and generally with any machine, the more moving parts the more likely that machine will fail. That's why I asked why going with to mid-level GPU over one High end GPU would be better.

Why does MS feels so defensive when it comes to the specs between the X1 vs the PS4? When it shouldn't matter because of how great Cloud is.