By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Tokyo will host Olympic Games in 2020

Tagged games:

2020.... sounds futuristic lol.

Hmm, might be a good reason to visit Tokyo then. Always wanted to go to Japan.

Around the Network

Now I'm afraid Madrid will waste even more money trying to host the 2024 Games...

Great news for them. Problem for the tourists now is the cost for accommodation lolzzz. jk

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

chris212223 said:
AlphaCielago said:
Good, I personally could have been glad for Madrid too, but Turkey? Nah.
Either way even if Turkey would get it, it wouldn't be as baffling as Qatar Football World Cup

Im still not over that -___-

Qatar is actually improved and still improving tremendesouly since the last 3 years.

i've been there 6 months ago to its capital city Aldoha and its shaping up to be one of the most advanced cities by the time they will host the world cup.

Dahum said:
chris212223 said:
AlphaCielago said:
Either way even if Turkey would get it, it wouldn't be as baffling as Qatar Football World Cup

Im still not over that -___-

Qatar is actually improved and still improving tremendesouly since the last 3 years.

i've been there 6 months ago to its capital city Aldoha and its shaping up to be one of the most advanced cities by the time they will host the world cup.

I was there last year. And my god is it hot there! My dad told me that they had air conditioners in the stadium's though. The biggest downside of Qatar is to get around the city and to be honest, I would really like to know how they are going to solve that. 

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

This news combined with Abenomics will do wonders to the Japan economy and only reinforce that Japan is set for a strong come back. The Nikkei will do very well on Monday.

Despite being a fan of Japan in most things, it would have been nice to see what is technically a middle-eastern country (even though Istanbul itself is in Europe) get the games.

Though being in a city i've been to increases the likelihood that i might go. Adding to that is the fact that i'll likely have the financial means to do so in 7 years

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

AlphaCielago said:

Yeah Quatar getting the World Cup in 2022 baffled me also and it will most likely be the most expensive sporting event of the first half of this century.

This kinda sucks for Madrid, Spain they where runners up two times in a row now.

The middle easterners must be so angry. Can't blame them for picking Japan! Its so awesome! Their opening show might not be as expensive as Chinas but it will be far more creative.