By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Tokyo will host Olympic Games in 2020

Tagged games:

Mr Khan said:
the2real4mafol said:
Mr Khan said:
the2real4mafol said:

So glad Tokyo got it. Madrid wouldn't be able to afford it and Istanbul shouldn't have it as long as Ergodan is in power. So many problems in Turkey, those park protests are only a small part of the problems.

I just wish people would stop going on about the nuclear problem, that only affected Tokyo with power cuts not radiation. Fukushima is no where near Tokyo.

I want an olympics in Africa but most of it is still too underdeveloped to be able to afford it. Suprising that Brazil could afford it 

South Africa could probably do as good a job as the Chinese did, or the Brazilians can do.

South Africa isn't much better off than the rest of Africa, they still have tons of poverty among the black population thanks to Apartheid. And not only that but i'm not sure if they could pull it off very well, with how corrupt their government is 

And Brazil and China don't have tons of poverty and corruption? You don't need to be rich to run the olympics, you just need to be relatively stable and able to host the events as planned.

I guess that means Nigeria or India or any developing country without a war going on could run the olympics if they wanted then

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:
Mr Khan said:

And Brazil and China don't have tons of poverty and corruption? You don't need to be rich to run the olympics, you just need to be relatively stable and able to host the events as planned.

I guess that means Nigeria or India or any developing country without a war going on could run the olympics if they wanted then

Both are bad examples because they have significant terrorist movements in the country (Boko Haram for Nigeria, and a whole mess of ethnic groups plus some Maoists in India)

Granted, that could have factored into Istanbul as well, the possibility of PKK action

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.