By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 'Nintendo could be on a path to irrelevance', says Atari founder

Lawlight said:
Mnementh said:
Lawlight said:
The only 2 things keeping Nintendo relevant at the moment is Japan and casuals.

I agree somewhat on Japan, but what casuals? We have a new gen, DS and Wii aren't selling much more. 3DS and WiiU have nothing to offer for the casual player. That's why the WiiU is struggling.

I think there are some casuals that are remnant of the DS/Wii force.

DS and Wii yes, but the both consoles aren't keeping Nintendo relevant. 3DS is doing that, and not because of casuals.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Bushnell is the father of modern console and he's responsible for Atari's rise, but not for its fall, so people don't blame him for that just as an "ad hominem", it would be a fallacious argument to confute him if it were true, even more fallacious being false.

This said, while he tells some truths, and while Wii U's situation is worrying, but for different reasons from what he says, and while VR interfaces could open a new ,platform-agnostic gaming world, if only they solve that old motion-sickness issue , about portables, even if there were huge troubles for Ninty, and there aren't, Ninty really still understands that market better than anybody else. Ninty seriously risks its leadership in home consoles this gen, but it doesn't risk irrelevance or demise at alll.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!