By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Gran Turismo 5 or Forza 3

I would have go GT5

Around the Network
darklich13 said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
Based on content alone, I'm going to say GT5. I'm not doubting the quality of Forza 3, but there literally is no way that GT5 could fit on anything other than a Blu-ray aside from maybe a hard drive, and racing games + multiple disks can suck it. GT5 is going to be an absolute beast of a game.

GT2 was on 2 CDs and that game was great.

With the technology they have nowadays, the increased physics, lighting, polygon count, etc etc etc etc. And given that Polyphony wants to deliver a techincal marvel. Multiple disks would do more damage than good. Plus it's just a much prettier package :P hell, this game might be on a dual layer BD xD could you immagine a 4 disk GT game ><

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
darklich13 said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
Based on content alone, I'm going to say GT5. I'm not doubting the quality of Forza 3, but there literally is no way that GT5 could fit on anything other than a Blu-ray aside from maybe a hard drive, and racing games + multiple disks can suck it. GT5 is going to be an absolute beast of a game.

With the technology they have nowadays, the increased physics, lighting, polygon count, etc etc etc etc. And given that Polyphony wants to deliver a techincal marvel. Multiple disks would do more damage than good. Plus it's just a much prettier package :P hell, this game might be on a dual layer BD xD could you immagine a 4 disk GT game ><

50GBs is enough. Now GT6 might be different and need the 75GB disc =P 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Forza what's that :P well compared to GT5--- it's nothing!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

ssj12 said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
darklich13 said:
ChronotriggerJM said:

50GBs is enough. Now GT6 might be different and need the 75GB disc =P

Yah 50g should be plenty :P 25 I'm not so sure xD I'm just trying to do simple math... 700 cars, 35+ tracks, 60 Fps, and rumored 1080p xD = stupid ammounts of data.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

I didn't realize that the thread was GT5 vs Forza 3... Kinda strange comparison, then. I must retract my statements then above since I know nothing about Forza 3 at all.

Polyphony was one of the best developers in terms of being able to wring as much power as they could out of the PS2, despite its difficult-to-program-for nature.  I expect GT5 to be the same, a technical masterpiece that wrings more out of the PS3 hardware than we've seen to date.  It should also be the most accurate driving simulation around.

That said, GT4 had gameplay issues too numerous to list here (and well-enough-known that listing them would be unnecessary).  I'm hoping that Polyphony hired a Gameplay Engineer to make sure the driving experience isn't mired in these same kinds of problems.  Again, not having played Forza, I can't draw a meaningful comparison in terms of the gameplay issues, but from reading user experiences and reviews, it seems Forza 2 was much better than GT4 in this area. 

I think forza does well (for a 360 game, better than pgr4 for sure)but nothing to Gt5

^_^

i think GT5 will be but if it plays like GT3 and not like GT4

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I think thats true I loved gt1 2 and 3 then I felt weird playing 4

^_^