By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which plays the biggest part in a game becoming memorable, its graphics, story or gameplay?

Which plays the biggest part in a game becoming memorable, its graphics, story or gameplay?

Graphics 8 7.62%

Story 47 44.76%

Gameplay 50 47.62%

Total:105

The moment the three combines perfectly. I call that the "glimax"

Around the Network

I voted story but most accurate is Story + Gameplay. Based on the first games that came to mind under memorable, Final Fantasy VI, Ocarina of Time and Escape from Monkey Island.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I'll go with the story. If it's good, I'll prob remember it over the others.

Story for me.

gameplay or story depends on the game. I am pretty sure everyone remembers Super Mario Bros or Tetris and both games have either no or almost no story.

Graphics are totally unimportant because the brain is fooling one in thinking the game looked better than it actually did.

Around the Network

No games will be excellent if it's 10/10 in one area 1/10 everwhere else.

Although I think gameplay while being well balanced is needed first and foremost, then atleast a good story and good graphics.

Gameplay. I'll remember Final Fantasy VIII forever thanks to it.

Graphics, though I'll be more specific and say "visuals." They aren't what make a game great, but they are what make a game memorable.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Gameplay, always, any game

A game with a good story without good gameplay, should have been a novel or movie.
Games are based on gameplay anyways.
In almost all games the story is of secondery importance, if important at all.

''Hadouken!''

I would say most of the time it is gameplay or story, depending on the genre.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash