By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Sprite Art (all characters)

wenlan said:
Cool~ I really like the art direction of this game. Can't wait to play it.

@naz
I won't be surprised that Nintendo announces Smash Bros for DS anytime soon, probably after DQIX hugely boosting the DS sales in Japan. DS needs more big titles to maintain its momentum.

Well, the DS can't really maintain it's momentum... it's just sold too much. Sort of like it reached critical mass. It will keep selling great, and undoubtedly pass the PS2 worldwide, but it's not going to keep selling like it did last year forever.

But yeah, I'm sure Nintendo isn't done making big DS games. We'll probably see some good stuff, even if we don't get to see a Smash DS.

@mesoteto,  R.O.B. is a playable character.  Everyone on there is a playable character.   

Around the Network

i thought falco was only assist trophie

Nope, those are the playable characters there. No question.

I've been hoping for a portable Smash Bros. since the GBA came out...I figured a portable SNES could handle a sprite-based Smash...the DS definitely could though.

Though I don't see why it couldn't be 3D like the 64 Smash Bros...graphics like that would be PERFECTLY acceptable on the DS. Zelda: PH, Metroid Prime Hunters, these graphics are slightly better than N64 graphics, but not much. I think it'd be easier to make a fluid Smash game with 3D polygonal characters.

They could fit plenty of characters in the game, allow for online matches hopefully...it'd be about as extensive as MKDS...and if they made a Mario Kart for the DS, I don't get why a Smash Bros wont' happen. They even put a 3D Mario platformer (SM64DS) on the dang thing, so I wouldn't accept many arguments about "wearing the Smash Bros franchise out."

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

mesoteto are you being serious? Or are you staying away from all spoilers?

naznatips said:
wenlan said:
Cool~ I really like the art direction of this game. Can't wait to play it.

@naz
I won't be surprised that Nintendo announces Smash Bros for DS anytime soon, probably after DQIX hugely boosting the DS sales in Japan. DS needs more big titles to maintain its momentum.

Well, the DS can't really maintain it's momentum... it's just sold too much. Sort of like it reached critical mass. It will keep selling great, and undoubtedly pass the PS2 worldwide, but it's not going to keep selling like it did last year forever.

But yeah, I'm sure Nintendo isn't done making big DS games. We'll probably see some good stuff, even if we don't get to see a Smash DS.

@mesoteto, R.O.B. is a playable character. Everyone on there is a playable character.

Two words that can prove you wrong 'New Model'.

Around the Network

whoa...i could have sworn that falco showed up on smashbros.com as assist trophie only, but now he is gone from the page...am i missing something

Rath said:
naznatips said:

@mesoteto, R.O.B. is a playable character. Everyone on there is a playable character.

I've got two words for you: Sales history. 

Historically there has never been a game system that's not experienced a decline by it's 4th year on the market.  Guess what year the DS just started.  It's going to happen.  That's just life.  Nothing can sell forever.  Same thing will happen to the PSP this year, though to a greater extent because it doesn't have Dragon Quest IX to keep it up in Japan.

mesoteto, I've checked the dojo daily, and Falco was never an assist trophy. 

crap where did my brain go, huh

naznatips said:
Rath said:
naznatips said:

I've got two words for you: Sales history.

Historically there has never been a game system that's not experienced a decline by it's 4th year on the market. Guess what year the DS just started. It's going to happen. That's just life. Nothing can sell forever. Same thing will happen to the PSP this year, though to a greater extent because it doesn't have Dragon Quest IX to keep it up in Japan.

mesoteto, I've checked the dojo daily, and Falco was never an assist trophy.

Oh I agree, actually looking back I agree with your first post, however it will have another year like last whenever a new model is released simply because it will sell 10M in every region in a very short time purely due to people replacing the DSL. Assuming the new model is significantly better of course (ie. Not GBMicro)

Hey naz!!! I gave you the link to that! You're welcome!