By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Million Sellers Passed PSP Million Sellers This Week.

I'm restarting this thread. Please stick to topic. Any misbehavior will be passed up the chain of command.

Wii - 17 million sellers, 9 2+ million sellers

PSP - 16 million sellers, 2 2+ million sellers

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&console=Wii&publisher=&sort=Total

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&console=PSP&publisher=&sort=Total

Around the Network

For a minute I thought I had lost my mind when I saw no replies in a thread I had already read it was a WTF moment :).

I say great for the Wii to do it so quickly and I am suprised by the number of PSP million sellers.

Is Carnival Games still on 0.99?

Wii - 3348 5602 9364 2110

Mario Kart - 0474 1321 9262

That just shows that people don't buy PSP's for just games. They use it for other things too. And what's the need to repost this topic.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Interesting figures. The Wii is turning into quite the little software seller.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Now People can't say wii owners dont buy games

@Fishyjoe,
There is no doubt that Wii SW sale is very good. But there is really no point to initiate this thread. Why would you want to compare PSP to Wii?

The PSP, DS, and PS2 SW # is very likely under-tracked on this site because they were released earlier than Wii.  We all know ioi has just started including the SW # of "the other" region into the database. The data for recently launched titles are more accurate, but not the older games.

There is no doubt that PSP HW and SW has picked up in Japan and normally, what happened in Japan will spread to WW. Just look at the history of DS HW and SW sales.

Why do you have to continuously bash PSP?  I haven't seen any mod on this site trying so hard to hurt a console like you.  I believe more competition in the gaming industry will benefit the gamers in the long run.

Also, our database for PSP multimillion sellers are not that accurate. Everybodys Golf Portable and Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee are the same title. We definitely need more Sony fans to get involved helping this site.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Monster Hunter Freedom 2nd is soon another 2milj+ seller. American sale data is missing.

Don't wanna sound like a dick, but not much of an accomplishment the way PSP software has been selling.

Still good, don't get me wrong, but not as impressive as say, passing 360. Or the ultimate goal of passing PS2's million sellers.

I don't think anything this generation will pass the PS2 list, just because the competition is better on all fronts.