By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega confirms cancellation yakuza 5 western release

Tagged games:

badgenome said:
kupomogli said:

Okay, so they've been asking fans, but when nothing the fans have asked for has been released and nothing that was released the fans have asked for, what's the point?

XDev has already signed tons of games that people asked for (Hotline Miami, Terraria, Starbound, Minecraft, Rogue Legacy, etc.), and the third party production and in-house localization teams are brand new initiatives. I don't think they're asking what games people want them to work on for no reason.

JRPGs COMING!!!

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!

Around the Network
badgenome said:
kupomogli said:

Okay, so they've been asking fans, but when nothing the fans have asked for has been released and nothing that was released the fans have asked for, what's the point?

XDev has already signed tons of games that people asked for (Hotline Miami, Terraria, Starbound, Minecraft, Rogue Legacy, etc.), and the third party production and in-house localization teams are brand new initiatives. I don't think they're asking what games people want them to work on for no reason.

Okay, I'll give the new third party localization team six months to announce something fans have been constantly asking for.  If that time period passes and we don't see any of the games you see people constantly asking about having any sort of announcement, then I call bullshit.

kupomogli said:

Okay, I'll give the new third party localization team six months to announce something fans have been constantly asking for.  If that time period passes and we don't see any of the games you see people constantly asking about having any sort of announcement, then I call bullshit.

You are a harsh moogle but a fair one.

badgenome said:
kupomogli said:

You are a harsh moogle but a fair one.

I think so too.  I complain because I care.

----

Maybe I might start a Yakuza 5 Kickstarter.  Put the amount required to fund project at 1,000,000,000,000 to guarantee it won't be funded and state that this Kickstarter is to show how much fans would be interested if Sega was to do their own Kickstarter.  Spread it a round the internet and everyone who is a fan of Yakuza donate to it.  Then once it closes, contact Sega about it and show them how much money was funded and maybe Sega might start a Kickstarter for pre localization preorders.

I was a little upset when they decided not to bring Valkyria Chronicles 3 over here, but I'm furious over this. I hate Sega. 

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

Borderlands 2 was part of a mass e-mailing campaign started on reddit, after Randy Pitchford made the comments that it was possible.  I'll try and find the thread about it if you like.

Why don't they just simply use Kickstarter and make the fanbase fund the localization for them, I honestly would pay them to let me buy it, yes I would do that, and so would a lot of people who like the games.

Kresnik said:
kupomogli said:

Borderlands 2 was part of a mass e-mailing campaign started on reddit, after Randy Pitchford made the comments that it was possible.  I'll try and find the thread about it if you like.

But how big will this team be how many project will they take at once i cant see boarderlands 2 on the vita with in at least 4-6 months. So we got to ask carefully 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

PullusPardus said:

Why don't they just simply use Kickstarter and make the fanbase fund the localization for them, I honestly would pay them to let me buy it, yes I would do that, and so would a lot of people who like the games.

Because that would make some degree of sense.

Thanks Obama