By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega confirms cancellation yakuza 5 western release

Tagged games:

Cj2i3 said:
Also how we're Yakuza 3&4&Dead Souls? Worth picking up?

Yakuza 3 was great. Yakuza 4 was also good but same city (kamurocho) and some melodramatic plot weakened the game. But still yakuza 4 was a solid game with 4 different characters. Dont get yakuza dead souls. Its a broken game. Its got one of the worst control in gaming.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
forest-spirit said:
They need the resources to localise Yakuza 1 & 2 Wii U edition.

But those games are already in english, so there's little to no resources needed for it.  And we're still not getting them!

Yeah but they have to add French, German, Spanish and Italian!

I'm not a Yakuza fan, but I know a lot of western gamers are and this really does suck.  I honestly think localizing it would be profitable so I'm kinda surprised they are not doing it.

CGI-Quality said:
teigaga said:
Sony should step in and publish both this and phantasy star online 2.

I agree with that, but maybe they don't see the point, either.

I sure hope thats not the case seeing as they ported and published a 6month old port of Epic Mickey 2 for vita, a game which wasn't successful anywhere.

Anyway guys lets not forget the Third party team studio sony just opened up

"This means you’ll see even more great games on PlayStation platforms, including new IP’s, ports, and localized products. In addition, our partners who are currently in production will have us as a resource to strengthen their development process, ensuring quality and consistency on all Third Party projects.....I will share more with you as our adventures continue and new games are made available. In the meantime, let me know in the comments what you want to see on PlayStation (PS3, PS4, PS Vita). Or contact me on Twitter through the ingenious and mesmerizing handle of @giocorsi — original I know, but man is it solid."

Every go on twitter and  @giocorsi  with Yakuza and Phantasy star requests!

teigaga said:

I sure hope thats not the case seeing as they ported and published a 6month old port of Epic Mickey 2 for vita, a game which wasn't successful anywhere.

A game that Vita owners couldn't give two shits about.  Sony doesn't know their fanbase, sadly.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
I can hear badgenome crying... And fapping.. He's still fapping

kupomogli said:

A game that Vita owners couldn't give two shits about.  Sony doesn't know their fanbase, sadly.

It's true that they have displayed some remarkable cluelessness, but unlike just about any other megacorporation in the world they genuinely seem to be trying to listen to their fans and have gone to some length to make themselves accessible through the Twitters and whatnot. The fact that they have been actively soliciting fan suggestions as to what games they should strive to sign is pretty damned impressive.

badgenome said:
kupomogli said:

It's true that they have displayed some remarkable cluelessness, but unlike just about any other megacorporation in the world they genuinely seem to be trying to listen to their fans and have gone to some length to make themselves accessible through the Twitters and whatnot. The fact that they have been actively soliciting fan suggestions as to what games they should strive to sign is pretty damned impressive.

Okay, so they've been asking fans, but when nothing the fans have asked for has been released and nothing that was released the fans have asked for, what's the point? 

It's the same as when Playstation All Stars was being developed.  "Tell us who you're interested in seeing."  Although did it really matter?  No one asked for any of the third party characters that were introduced into the game.  No one asked for Emmett or Zeus to be added into the game.

The US Playstatioin Blog asked what kind of games were we interested in seeing  free on PS+.  Fighting was the least voted on.  We've been receiving fighting games on a regular basis since that poll was introduced. 

What's the point in asking your  fans anything if you're going to do the exact opposite?  There's no reason whatsoever, so they shouldn't even bother to ask.  They're doing nothing giving us false hope.  Sony has been really good at that the past year.

If they cancel Phantasy Star Online 2 in the west for PS Vita I will be VERY SAD and will NEVER buy a SEGA product again (also I've never bought Sonic games because I'm not very interested)

they also asked to remove P. Star portable 2 from  PSN when Vita launched, this company doesn't want my money!

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!

kupomogli said:

Okay, so they've been asking fans, but when nothing the fans have asked for has been released and nothing that was released the fans have asked for, what's the point?

XDev has already signed tons of games that people asked for (Hotline Miami, Terraria, Starbound, Minecraft, Rogue Legacy, etc.), and the third party production and in-house localization teams are brand new initiatives. I don't think they're asking what games people want them to work on for no reason.