By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - I wanna start watching anime, where do I start?

Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note and Saint Seiya are great starters, and don't forget the old but fun Dragon Ball. After that you can perhaps watch the longer anime series like Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tales. These are most popular however there are a lot. Perhaps you should go to a manga convention one time and ask for some cult classics

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Around the Network
DarkD said:
if you don't wanna list any specific preferences then just go to myanimelist.net

in the menu bar across the top go anime -> top anime

Those are arranged by user rankings. So basically the ones that users thought were the best.

However you listed Berserk so I will say that Hellsing Ultimate might be up your alley.

Also berserk I would almost call a psychological horror, a genre I personally detest especially when its from the Japanese, however Deadman Wonderland would also fit into that genre where it will disturb you rather than scare you.

That Hellsing Ultimate looks goood! I will be watching that for sure

Watch Attack on Titan. You'll like it trust me. It's one of those serious animes which isn't childish at all and it's really unique.

So many! I dunno where to start! I've watched a dozen trailers from the comments and I think ill start on Death Note since it seems to be highly recommended and the trailer looked great.

Episode one

Around the Network

Too many to list. But good start anime imo is Cowboy Bebop and Death note.

After that:

Code Geass
One Piece
Bleach
Trigun
Samurai Champloo
Fairy Tail
Great Teacher Onizuka
Welcome to the NHK
Major
Basilisk
Baccano!
Many Many more

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned those here, but I'd also recommend D.N.Angel and .hack/Roots. And if you are okay with a bit more childish anime and liked Dragon Ball, I'd definately recommend at least the first season of Blue Dragon, it's awesome.

novasonic said:
I feel a little sick to my stomach that no one mentioned Akira or Serial Experiment Lain. Classics!

You didn't read my post!

If you don't mind anime films then check out Spirited Away, that's the movie that got me into anime.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
If you don't mind anime films then check out Spirited Away, that's the movie that got me into anime.

I think movies are the best place to start. That's why I suggested Barefoot gen (which I just found out has a sequel) Akira, and ghost in the shell (which is kind of slow).