By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [UPDATE] Xbox One Could Possibly Feature a Powerful Discrete GPU + APU rumor - New Sources and Info!

Raven722 said:

No ethomaz. Clearly Microsoft is holding out on us. Even this rumor is not the whole story. The truth is, the Xbox One actually doesn't require any power to operate, connects to the internet even if you don't have it, has 4 GPUs, two 16-core processors, 24 GB of GDDR6 RAM, a 50x Blu-Ray player, a 2TB SSD, only one fan needed to cool all of it, free XBL, and it's actually launching in every country in November plus the secret colony on the moon. Seriously, these rumors keep moving the goal line deeper into the realm of absurdity.

DAT The Power of The Cloud.

Around the Network

BasilZero said:

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2013/06/28/directx-11-2/

The sources mentions them saying its exclusive to Win 8.1 and Xbox One. Unless they are outdated lol.

Anyways that doesnt mean that PS4 isnt using it, matterfact could be that it isnt using exactly the same thing but a variation of it?

DirectX software API is exclusive to MS Windows (Xbox use a Windows based kernel)... the feature set in hardware not... any hardware can have the feature set of any DirectX.

Any API (OpenGL for example) can use the DirectX feature set in nVidia or AMD hardware.

I think PS4 more powerful but you won't see the differences until year 2-3. 

If Xone was more powerful they wouldn't have done all that PR about how it's not about the power, it's the games.  Saying it's comparible to PC could be it's comparable to PC medium or low.  An expensive PC will always outperform consoles.

Xone is less powerful, get over it and buy what you want.

I was wondering after reading a half dozen different comments throughout this thread why the mods haven't banned at least that many posters here? Based on a comment earlier today by another person who was banned for making a general comment about PS fanboys in in an obviously ironic way, I would think that it should now be reciprocated to anyone who makes some type of derogatory comment about M$ or Nintendo or whatever. As I made comment before, it can't be a one way street where some people can joke around and kid those that oppose their views. Just my opinion...

OT - Sounds like another list of BS to me. M$ is drowning in bad press and 180's, how could they not have leaked this info through 3rd party sources by now. There is no NDA that could have scared them that much.

Lawlight said:
starcraft said:

No support for Xbox 360?  They have announced a bunch of upcoming games.  Just two days ago Crytek announced Warface for X360.  You think that happened without nudging and support from MS?

I wont engage with the silly idea that someone has to be an Xbox fanboy to appreciate the apparent strength of the X1's launch line up.

Actually, Warface was annouced in 2011, it's not exclusive (already released for PC in Asia) and therefore not from MS.

So, what games have MS released for the 360 this year or have planned?

What has exclusivity or MS-development got to do with it?  You said that MS is not supporting the Xbox 360 anymore, which is untrue.  They are still working with 3rd parties to deliver games to the system on an active and ongoing basis, and developing their own titles (not the least of which is Fable: Anniversary, which will sell a couple of million).

In the next six months the Xbox 360 is likely to see GTAV, Destiny, Titanfall, Assassin's Creed, Watchdogs, Saints Row IV, Fable: A, World of Tanks, Battlefield 4, CoD....list goes on and on and on.

The facts have a concerted issue with your original assertion that Microsoft has in any way dropped support for the Xbox 360, which you'll be able to happily play new games on for at least the next two, and likely the next four years.

And as another poster pointed out, by some measurements Microsoft now has more first party studios than Sony, not less.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
psrock said:
People, it's done. The hardware has been chosen, production probably already started. Enough hoping and dreaming. Unless, MS starts over, the specs are set.

Whilst I agree with you entirely, my understanding was that if this was going to happen, it has already happened (as in, X1's are currently being produced, with the second GPU chipset incorporated).

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

BasilZero said:
RenCutypoison said:
realgamer said:
RenCutypoison said:
nightsurge said:

1. DirectX 11.2 is a Windows 8.1 and Xbox One Exclusive. 
Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/DirectX-11.2-Tiled-Resources-Xbox,23322.html

Again, directx 11.2 was confirmed on PS4.

Show me proof Microsoft already said that directx 11.2 it is exclusive to Xbox one and windows 8.1 

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2013/06/28/directx-11-2/

The sources mentions them saying its exclusive to Win 8.1 and Xbox One. Unless they are outdated lol.

Anyways that doesnt mean that PS4 isnt using it, matterfact could be that it isnt using exactly the same thing but a variation of it?

Feature set is the key word.  Meaning that OpenGl has the same or close enough feature set to DirectX 11.2 but the PS4 does not use ActiveX.

Scoobes said:
nightsurge said:
ethomaz said:

Fake.

Just read the misterxmedia site to see how delusional the rumors are... and I don't to explain how this is fake because the rumor says that PS4 have a GPU 2 too...

I can only laugh.

PS. This rumor is old... like a year old lol

I knew you would say something like this. Post proof or I'll report you again for spreading misinformation and FUD. You can't go claiming your hopes and dreams as facts in every positive Xbox post.

How can you report someone for spreading misinformation when the OP is all rumour and conjecture?

Not to mention the massive leaps in logic the article is making.

Yes actually he actually can report you. You're not allowed to say anything pretty much. People are "sensitive":). I have been temp banned several times for trying to bring a lil reality to the xbox/playstation dreamers. Hell I'll probably get banned for this:).

The source is misterxmedia, lol.

So again, angry fans invade and try to derail a thread. :/ Sigh, this is what happens if you don't hug babies enough when they are little.

I don't think it will have an extra GPU, but I don't think it needs one. DirectX 11+ is super optimized, and they just added some new features in DriectX 11.2 that will boost performance dramatically.

We will see more in about 2 months!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!