By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [UPDATE] Xbox One Could Possibly Feature a Powerful Discrete GPU + APU rumor - New Sources and Info!

Even excluding MisterX as a source - there's still a bit too much in common to some of these rumors to discount them entirely.

Not some of the more far fetched claims - but a lot of them - MS custom designing a specialized SOC in conjunction with AMD. MS design, AMD tech - MS own the patent, but it incorporates some elements of AMD design/tech they haven't yet unveiled (Sep 29). While revealing few actual details - we have heard them say the CPU is customized and designed by them - and we know MS R&D contains a large chip division with quite a few very smart people. They said they had over a dozen core team finalising the One architecture/hardware design (not Cerny, an AMD catalog and a plea of "I'll have one of those and turn it up to 11 please") It doesn't sound so unlikely.

If true, and we get MS unveiling"real" detailed Xbox One specs in October - a month before launch - we may have witnessed the biggest poker face all the way to the river card that this industry has seen.

Could all be a load of hooey, but I don't find it impossible there's some truth to some aspects of some rumors.

Or it's all bollocks. I dunno.

Around the Network

nightsurge how dare you use google when referencing things about the new xbox one!

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

I wonder how many more 'credible' or 'semi-credible' rumors about the Xbox One having a lot more under its hood, that are eventually shot down, will happen before launch. Wouldn't even surprise me if after launch people are still claiming that Microsoft has a secret about their hardware they are not telling everyone. This smells an awful lot like the 12GB to 16GB of RAM rumor that popped up several times before Microsoft had to shatter some dreams. If Microsoft actually had two GPUs in the console it would have been revealed by now. We are now less than 3 months away from the launch of both consoles. If Microsoft is holding back because they don't want Sony to change their own hardware specs prior to launch despite being in full production mode now, then that tells me that Microsoft is pissing its pants with paranoia.

JimmyDanger said:
Even excluding MisterX as a source - there's still a bit too much in common to some of these rumors to discount them entirely.

Not some of the more far fetched claims - but a lot of them - MS custom designing a specialized SOC in conjunction with AMD. MS design, AMD tech - MS own the patent, but it incorporates some elements of AMD design/tech they haven't yet unveiled (Sep 29). While revealing few actual details - we have heard them say the CPU is customized and designed by them - and we know MS R&D contains a large chip division with quite a few very smart people. They said they had over a dozen core team finalising the One architecture/hardware design (not Cerny, an AMD catalog and a plea of "I'll have one of those and turn it up to 11 please") It doesn't sound so unlikely.

If true, and we get MS unveiling"real" detailed Xbox One specs in October - a month before launch - we may have witnessed the biggest poker face all the way to the river card that this industry has seen.

Could all be a load of hooey, but I don't find it impossible there's some truth to some aspects of some rumors.

Or it's all bollocks. I dunno.

But this would be strange as developers already know the specs, so how could they hide these *new* spec's from developers who are making games on their platform. It just makes no sense at all.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

ethomaz said:

Fake.

Just read the misterxmedia site to see how delusional the rumors are... and I don't to explain how this is fake because the rumor says that PS4 have a GPU 2 too...

I can only laugh.

PS. This rumor is old... like a year old lol

I knew you would say something like this. Post proof or I'll report you again for spreading misinformation and FUD. You can't go claiming your hopes and dreams as facts in every positive Xbox post.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
ethomaz said:

Fake.

Just read the misterxmedia site to see how delusional the rumors are... and I don't to explain how this is fake because the rumor says that PS4 have a GPU 2 too...

I can only laugh.

PS. This rumor is old... like a year old lol

I knew you would say something like this. Post proof or I'll report you again for spreading misinformation and FUD. You can't go claiming your hopes and dreams as facts in every positive Xbox post.

I dont want to get into a squabble... but isnt most of the Original post potentially misinformation wrapped up in "Rumour".

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

LOL, cmon people it's just a rumor. If this rumor happened to be true, the rumor stated they can't talk about it becuase of a NDA. Plz no more "why wouldn't they have talked about it?". Like I said it's most likely untrue. If your going to comment on the rumor, why waste your time by selectively disregarding that part? Might as well disregard the whole thing and discuss fantasy football. Or better yet, let's talk about The League. That show is absolutely hilarious!

So now people are threatening to report "sony fans" because they don't believe a rumor? Truly pathetic.

How much more powerful are we talking? (if this turns out to be true)

I really don't think specs are going to play a role in anyones purchase, not unless we're talking ps2 vs Gamecube/Xbox kind of difference.

OdinHades said:
ironmanDX said:
OdinHades said:
ironmanDX said:
[...]

I liked the original concept... But not everyone could see it or just didn't like it for actual valid reasons. Of course, not many of them were here, especially considering this forum is always online and being accessed by always online devices.

My laptop is not always online, neither is my smartphone. And they do works when there's no internet, even if there's no internet for months. 

Please don't start this again. Internet services as a possibility - yes, nice. Internet services by force - no, thanks.

By force? Yeah, I'm sure MS were really holding a gun to your head....  The Xbox one's also worked when not online but had less functions... Like a phone or laptop. How is your phone not always connected? Clearly, the xbox one wasn't for you. You're 1 person on this site that clearly has a legitimate reason for not wanting it and not just bitching about an online device on an online device.

By force I mean that check thingy every 24 hours, without that I can't even play Single Player games. I can play Single player games on my laptop, even when it's not connected. And no, my smartphone really is not online 24/7. If I'm on the go, it's offline, as I don't need internet on the go, so I don't pay for it. Imagine a 24 hour check. As soon as I'm gone from home for more than a day my phone doesn't work anymore? Like, doesn't let me use the apps that I bought the device for? Come on.

Also, Smartphones and PCs are a whole other concept than a console. But I really see no point in discussing this further, as there is no more a device with such crazy politics. 

The check 24 hour I now understand why that was put into place.  When I heard abou that 24 hour check in I thought it was way to restrictive but understanding why MS put into place makes a little more sense.  The reason for the check in was do to giving people the ability to Sell, trade, gift their games.  If you were to go to gamestop and resell your license, within Azure it would move it from you to gamestop.  Without communicating that the license was moved, you could potentially keep playing the game until you connect back to XBL.  The 24 hours check in was due to the ability to sell your game back to a retail store just as if you gave them the game.

If MS made it so that games were sold online instead of at retail then this would not have been an issue or if MS just do what steam does, you cannot resell digital copies but I guess they were trying to do something the industry was not ready for.