By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [UPDATE] Xbox One Could Possibly Feature a Powerful Discrete GPU + APU rumor - New Sources and Info!

nightsurge said:

I knew you would say something like this. Post proof or I'll report you again for spreading misinformation and FUD. You can't go claiming your hopes and dreams as facts in every positive Xbox post.

Wha universe did you live? Just read the links at OP... the misterxmedia is so laughable that is really nice to read

Around the Network
teigaga said:
How much more powerful are we talking? if this turns out to be true)

I really don't specs are going to play a role in anyones purchase, not unless we're talking ps2 vs Gamecube/Xbox kind of difference.

Using the rumors logic...

5.0TFLOPS Xbone
3.2TFLOPS PS4

Both with a dedicated GPU in CrossFire.

It is like over a GeForce Titan power in the consoles (the Xbone).

ethomaz said:
teigaga said:

I really don't specs are going to play a role in anyones purchase, not unless we're talking ps2 vs Gamecube/Xbox kind of difference.

5.0TFLOPS Xbone
3.2TFLOPS PS4

I thought ps4's GPU was 1.8TFLOPS?

ethomaz said:
teigaga said:

5.0TFLOPS Xbone
3.2TFLOPS PS4

No ethomaz. Clearly Microsoft is holding out on us. Even this rumor is not the whole story. The truth is, the Xbox One actually doesn't require any power to operate, connects to the internet even if you don't have it, has 4 GPUs, two 16-core processors, 24 GB of GDDR6 RAM, a 50x Blu-Ray player, a 2TB SSD, only one fan needed to cool all of it, free XBL, and it's actually launching in every country in November plus the secret colony on the moon. Seriously, these rumors keep moving the goal line deeper into the realm of absurdity.

riderz13371 said:
Crazy indeed.

Not really.  The rumor has existed since it was revealed that both Sony and Microsoft would be using AMD technology for both their CPU and GPUs.  Three years ago.

I think the only thing that manages to continue to offer this rumor wings is the Xbox One's Wafer-To-Wafer (W2W) SoC design.  Otherwise, there's no evidence of there being a dGPU on the mainboard.  We've seen the pictures of it, it doesn't exist, and it isn't going to be suddently added.  If it exists, its in the SoC.

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:
riderz13371 said:
Crazy indeed.

Not really.  The rumor has existed since it was revealed that both Sony and Microsoft would be using AMD technology for both their CPU and GPUs.  Three years ago.

I think the only thing that manages to continue to offer this rumor wings is the Xbox One's Wafer-To-Wafer (W2W) SoC design.  Otherwise, there's no evidence of there being a dGPU on the mainboard.  We've seen the pictures of it, it doesn't exist, and it isn't going to be suddently added.  If it exists, its in the SoC.

Okay that's nice.

nightsurge said:
ethomaz said:

Fake.

Just read the misterxmedia site to see how delusional the rumors are... and I don't to explain how this is fake because the rumor says that PS4 have a GPU 2 too...

I can only laugh.

PS. This rumor is old... like a year old lol

I knew you would say something like this. Post proof or I'll report you again for spreading misinformation and FUD. You can't go claiming your hopes and dreams as facts in every positive Xbox post.

How can you report someone for spreading misinformation when the OP is all rumour and conjecture?

Not to mention the massive leaps in logic the article is making.

betacon said:
But spec's don't matter right, that's what Microsoft said.

If both consoles are capable of producing hi-rez 1080p visualizations @ 60FPS, I don't think specs will matter.

The CPU speed is a spec that hasn't mattered for a long time.  When AMD started making it's own x86 compliant CPUs (i.e. not under licensed by Intel but it's own designs) in the 1990's, it began making the argument that the processor speed had nothing to do with actual performance.  And in the age of 32-bit CPUs with multi-threading capabilities, they were right.  Processing speed became less and less of a factor in CPU performance.  AMD toted this line for years.  Then finally when Intel began making the Duo-Cores, whose CPU speed was dropped below that of the Pentium 4s that they were replacing, they had tote the same line.  Hence the rise in the importance of measuring Flops and in the case of GPUs Pixels Per Second (TeraPixels).

The GPU spec can be signficantly important, but I'm not sure if there is a significant enought difference between the Xbox One and the PS4 that'll matter.  I'm sure there is some benefit for having 6 more shaders, but I'm not sure exactly what.  Though the PS3 had 50% more shaders than the Xbox 360 did, but that didn't mean much in the end.

The bigger question is what would a dGPU actually mean to either console if either one included one?  Why is one needed?

lol at this being even slightly true, so they slipping this in for free? no pricse increase and they are going to start production on all the consoles they have made so far...again.......clutching......at........straws

teigaga said:
ethomaz said:
teigaga said:

5.0TFLOPS Xbone
3.2TFLOPS PS4

I thought ps4's GPU was 1.8TFLOPS?

It is but the rumor in the OP says 3.2TFLOPS I just said what the rumor is talking.

Real-life...

1.31TFLOPS Xbox One
1.84TFLOPS PS4