By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [UPDATE] Xbox One Could Possibly Feature a Powerful Discrete GPU + APU rumor - New Sources and Info!

starcraft said:
Lawlight said:
starcraft said:

I don't think any of this will turn out to be true.

If it did, the single remaining advantage the PS4 would have over X1 would be price, amongst a rising list of disadvantages.

But as I said, too good to be true.

Edit:  Whilst I generally feel Xbox Live remains ahead of PSN, you have to give kudos to PS+ free game strategy, which is still more generous than Microsoft's (especially as we have no promise Microsoft's will continue on Xbox One).

Actually, the advantage of having the important services like netflix not being behind a paymall... and the fact that the PS4 will be supported by the biggest group of first party development studios.... and, of course, PS+.

Meh, the games argument is a crapshoot.  Many have observed the X1 has the better launch line-up.  Either way it is all subjective.  MS has demonstrated a long-committment to build their own first party, and an unreserved willingness to purchase exclusivity to fill any actual or perceived gaps in their games line-ups.

Devices, specifically Xbox, is becoming a more important division for Microsoft's long-term strategy with every passing year, there is no reason to think there support will drop in any way,

It's true that many Xbox fanboys have observed that the X1 has a better launch line-up but that doesn't change anything to the fact that the PS4 has the support of the biggest group of first party development studios. And MS isn't even supporting the Xbox360 anymore - just compare the PS3's 2013 line-up vs the 360's. It shows the difference in capabilities and philosophy between the 2 console manufacturers.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
starcraft said:
Lawlight said:
starcraft said:

If it did, the single remaining advantage the PS4 would have over X1 would be price, amongst a rising list of disadvantages.

Edit:  Whilst I generally feel Xbox Live remains ahead of PSN, you have to give kudos to PS+ free game strategy, which is still more generous than Microsoft's (especially as we have no promise Microsoft's will continue on Xbox One).

Actually, the advantage of having the important services like netflix not being behind a paymall... and the fact that the PS4 will be supported by the biggest group of first party development studios.... and, of course, PS+.

Meh, the games argument is a crapshoot.  Many have observed the X1 has the better launch line-up.  Either way it is all subjective.  MS has demonstrated a long-committment to build their own first party, and an unreserved willingness to purchase exclusivity to fill any actual or perceived gaps in their games line-ups.

Devices, specifically Xbox, is becoming a more important division for Microsoft's long-term strategy with every passing year, there is no reason to think there support will drop in any way,

It's true that many Xbox fanboys have observed that the X1 has a better launch line-up but that doesn't change anything to the fact that the PS4 has the support of the biggest group of first party development studios. And MS isn't even supporting the Xbox360 anymore - just compare the PS3's 2013 line-up vs the 360's. It shows the difference in capabilities and philosophy between the 2 console manufacturers.

No support for Xbox 360?  They have announced a bunch of upcoming games.  Just two days ago Crytek announced Warface for X360.  You think that happened without nudging and support from MS?

I wont engage with the silly idea that someone has to be an Xbox fanboy to appreciate the apparent strength of the X1's launch line up.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

They are still 100 dollars cheaper like you said, no pay wall for free to play online gameplay, no pay wall for netflix,youtube and every other non gaming app you use, 10 dollars less a month to game online, controllers have built in rechargable batteries (no need for play and charge kit), confirmed BC with PS3 games through streaming, removeable HDD, free PS plus games......

The PS4's got alot more going for it than specs at the moment.

Why try to up the specs?

PS4 seems to be the motivation

S.T.A.G.E. said:
ironmanDX said:
betacon said:
But spec's don't matter right, that's what Microsoft said.

They do. You only have to look at the first xbox to see that MS also think they do. The 360 was just built well. Architecture is more important. Both seem to have gotten it right this time round.

Thats the problem, they didn't get it right which is why they were scrambling to make their product equally as attractive as the PS4. You could write a book on how many screw ups the original concept of the Xbone  had and the road it took within a couple of months to fix it.

I liked the original concept... But not everyone could see it or just didn't like it for actual valid reasons. Of course, not many of them were here, especially considering this forum is always online and being accessed by always online devices.

Around the Network

2 GPUs? Oh, nice, a console with micro stuttering!

Not gonna happen.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

The amount of rumors circulating about the Xbox is kind of getting annoying. I intend on getting all the next gen consoles because of the games, and it would be nice to hear more about the Wii U since it is already out and PS4 equally as much as Xbox One. Maybe it is just MS marketing or maybe their is nothing to talk about on the PS4.

OT: This seems unlikely as I would think MS would state something as important as that by now to get more preorders.

ironmanDX said:
[...]

I liked the original concept... But not everyone could see it or just didn't like it for actual valid reasons. Of course, not many of them were here, especially considering this forum is always online and being accessed by always online devices.

My laptop is not always online, neither is my smartphone. And they do works when there's no internet, even if there's no internet for months. 

Please don't start this again. Internet services as a possibility - yes, nice. Internet services by force - no, thanks.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

once connected to the cloud the X1 is about 400 time more powerful than the ps4 and 5000 the wii U

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Farsala said:
The amount of rumors circulating about the Xbox is kind of getting annoying. I intend on getting all the next gen consoles because of the games, and it would be nice to hear more about the Wii U since it is already out and PS4 equally as much as Xbox One. Maybe it is just MS marketing or maybe their is nothing to talk about on the PS4.

OT: This seems unlikely as I would think MS would state something as important as that by now to get more preorders.

Microsoft learned their lesson and is a more consumer-friendly company. They got selfish in the beginning of the generation and the fans brought them back down to size, but Sony knows better. MS, they are a little out of touch, but all they really had to do was follow Sony's lead.