By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita saved!!!!!! gets 1st million seller

Sal.Paradise said:

I think brand names matter more than whether a game is bite-sized or not, and so a Mario platformer on a popular Nintendo handheld will of course sell more units than any given game on PSV.

And Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories on PSP, an ostensibly 'console-style' game, at 7.51 million units sold, will too. 

GTA is an outlier though; as you say, brand matters, and GTA is one of the supergiants.

I still believe that a more on-the-go approach to its big games could really help Vita.

Around the Network

I think the Vita still can get to 10-15mil units in the long run

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Ajescent said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Who is going to break it to these million people that they don't actually want console-style games on a handheld.

Are they the same ones who want short game sessions that can be completed at 10mins intervals but for whatever reason shoot their nose up at Indies?

Yes, I do think these completely hypothetical people would be that same group. 

WagnerPaiva said:

I'd say it still has a shot at 50mil. With the rights games, it could explode in Japan.

iamdeath said:
Vitsa will be able to stream ps3 games in 2014...

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/08/30/sony-detail-gaikai-plans-launching-next-year-in-us-coming-to-ps3-too/

It is hardly dead, it will be supported for many more years and sales will increase.

Just imagine towards the end of this generation, 80 million + ps4 and a vita costing around $100 which can stream ps1,2,3,4 games, if that's not a massive selling point I don;t know what is

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Who is going to break it to these million people that they don't actually want console-style games on a handheld.

Are they the same ones who want short game sessions that can be completed at 10mins intervals but for whatever reason shoot their nose up at Indies?

Never even noticed that before. Brilliant.

uncharted Golden abyss and the uncharted series in general is heavily undertracked. Sony's shipment figures proved this. wayyy before it was on ps+.

it reached 1 million a long time ago.

WagnerPaiva said:

That's not being very optimistic it should easily do more then that as long as it gets some more good games.

WagnerPaiva said:

WTF?? For real? It's at 6 now and just got it's first price cut in the US.....It will dop way more then that.

iceland said:
curl-6 said:
iceland said:
I think Uncharted will be the one and only Million seller on the Vita

Wanna bet?

Well like 2 people already said that, idk what to do. lol I'm very doubtful unless a Monster Hunter or FF comes out. No game that's currently out or announced atm really has a chance imo, devs seem more focused on the more popular Nintendo 3ds.

Sad thing is I think you're right, this is probably it for Vita million sellers unless things ramp up in Europe enough to make a Gran Turismo Vita worth it to Sony.

I do think Monster Hunter 4G or so will be on Vita, but as a multiplat with split sales, and I just kind of get the impression the series' days as a mega franchise are over.

And Square... Yeah, I get the impression they're pretty much done with non iOS handheld devices besides some shovelware here and there.