By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita saved!!!!!! gets 1st million seller

curl-6 said:
I mean, we all know how awful Wii U is doing and that has two 2 million sellers already, after being out less than half as long and having a smaller install base.

To be fair, one of those was a pack-in for the non-shit SKU, and the other was fucking New Super Mario Bros. I'm sure if the Vita had a NSMB, it'd sell a million too.

Around the Network

Oddly enough the story was the only reason i played golden abyss through to the end. I really enjoyed that aspect.

Ahh still havent finished Uncharted GA, really havent been in the mood to go back.

I haven't even really played a PSV yet.

curl-6 said:

I know. My point was simply that the gamers who want console games on the go are a minority. I think Vita would perform better with a more "handheld" focus.

The "handheld" versus console experience argument has started with the introduction of small cheap games when phones have gotten popular, but it really doesn't hold where dedicated handheld gaming is concerned.

Handhelds have always had console like games, the only reason people are making arguments about it now, is because the Vita is capable of producing graphics that are almost the quality to that of current gen consoles.   When the PS3 is no longer current gen and the Vita is no longer in its shadow, maybe the Vita will start picking up then.

Around the Network

Killzone Mercenary will be the second Million Seller for sure. Great Reviews, awesome gameplay all around a vita pricecut.... Lets see how many copies it sells by christmas. And if we see the vita 2000 in november/december...

Some of u ppl are retarded (i mean that in the nicest way possible). Some of u are taking the OP's "Vita saved" comment so seriously. I don't know the OP, but I know enough that his Vita saved statement is more than a hint of sarcasm.

Oh geez... its hardly for free. PSN requires a sub fee remember?

Still its good.

I'm kinda sad that there aren't any upcoming Vita games I'm interested in... I've had my Vita for one day now and it's not a bad system, it just needs some more support.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Nem said:
Oh geez... its hardly for free. PSN requires a sub fee remember?

Still its good.

This is all retail sales though. Not to mention that Uncharted still gets in the top 20 charts before and after PS+ meaing that people are still buying it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.