By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita saved!!!!!! gets 1st million seller

Vitsa will be able to stream ps3 games in 2014...

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/08/30/sony-detail-gaikai-plans-launching-next-year-in-us-coming-to-ps3-too/

It is hardly dead, it will be supported for many more years and sales will increase.

Around the Network

Who is going to break it to these million people that they don't actually want console-style games on a handheld.

I haven't looked at the sales but I bet that's worldwide. One million worldwide sell is horrible and even more so when you look how long it's been on the market.

spemanig said:
You think that finally hitting one million software sales with a game on a console that has been out for almost two years is... Saved? Eh. Take what you can get, I guess.

It's just over 1.5 years old outside Japan, why does everything has to be negatively exaggerated for Vita huh? hate much?

Sal.Paradise said:
Who is going to break it to these million people that they don't actually want console-style games on a handheld.

Are they the same ones who want short game sessions that can be completed at 10mins intervals but for whatever reason shoot their nose up at Indies?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Not so fast it will still need a couple more weeks before it actually has sold one million physical copies.

Sal.Paradise said:

The same guy who breaks it to the 8.6 million people who bought Mario 3D Land that they actually want console games on a handheld. :p

curl-6 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

The same guy who breaks it to the 8.6 million people who bought Mario 3D Land that they actually want console games on a handheld. :p

Nobody tried to claim people don't want 'handheld-style' games on a handheld, however. 

Sal.Paradise said:
curl-6 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Nobody tried to claim people don't want 'handheld-style' games on a handheld, however. 

I know. My point was simply that the gamers who want console games on the go are a minority. I think Vita would perform better with a more "handheld" focus.

curl-6 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
curl-6 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

I know. My point was simply that the gamers who want console games on the go are a minority. I think Vita would perform better with a more "handheld" focus.

I think brand names matter more than whether a game is bite-sized or not, and so a Mario platformer on a popular Nintendo handheld will of course sell more units than any given game could on PSV.

And Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories on PSP, an ostensibly 'console-style' game, at 7.51 million units sold, will too.