By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - wii gamers and how bad games don't sell quite as well as people think

I think those numbers are a bit misleading, imo, but yeah, the Wii's library has enough really good games to keep me really happy.

It's just my tastes really. A lot of the games on PS3 and 360 are kinda shootertype games, that they share between consoles, they don't tend to have as much diversity, but there are a few games that I like on those systems:

A. Eternal Sonata(360 soon to PS3) GREAT jrpg
B. Mass Effect
C. Gears of War
D. Uncharted
E. DMC4
F. Bioshock
G. Orange Box

There are definately some other good ones, like sports games, but that runs the gammot of the games I'm willing to play without getting redundant. That's the issue with so many FPS, its redundance. CoD 4, for instance, great game, wouldn't play it, lol. I'm not huge into multiplayer though, like I said, this post is just my tastes. For the Wii I like:

A. Twilight Princess
B. Mario Galaxy
C. Zack and Wiki
D. No More Heroes
E. Metroid Prime 3
F. Super Paper Mario
G. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

I played RE4 on my cube, but that game is better with the Wii remote. However, if you wanted me to leave multiplats off, I would have to leave off my 360/PS3 list alltogether, lol. :(

I'm not saying the Wii library is better or even equal to the other next gen consoles.

I'm just saying, that in my tastes, the Wii has been a funner system this gen, because of all the games I've enjoyed on it, as I think they are some of the best games ever made.

The games on the HD systems that I really thought competed on top tier games on the Wii(zelda/mario) is Eternal Sonata for the Xbox 360, and Portal for the 360. Those are really great games, imo.

I don't say that because I own a Wii.

I own a Wii because I believe that.

So yeah, true believer right here, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

wii has plenty of good games with many more to come, i don't think carnival games etc are bad to the people buying the, gamers may look own and scoff but the soccer moms may actually like it

The TP wii games are defenitly getting better, every time I look at new Wii game clips the standards seem to get higher - either that or i'm just getting desensitized to them now.

Look at say Monster Hunter 3, FF4, Project Rygar, Pro Evo 2008, Rock Band, Mash band wotsit, block Speilberg effort, De Blob, Star Wars - The force unleashed all on the back of REUC, Zak and Wiki, RE4, Lego Star Wars etc

The standards will get seriously raised in 08 for Wii TP software.

Man said:
WOW
18 games above 80% on wii V 40 games above 80% on ps3?

thats seriously amazes me. i mean i knew the wii didnt have many good games, but i also thought the ps3 didnt have as many games, and as such you wouldnt expect such a huge number more than the wii.

i just checked metacritic, and its wii 14, ps3 43.

If you use metacritic, you should use their guildlines of 75 for the score....  which makes it 26 wii vs 63 ps3.

reviews are bull****
partygames on wii revieuw by some "reviewer" who says it no good for hardcore => low grade
if you had ordinary people review games a whole different thing would come up

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

well thats one point but also they are alot of casuals and they buy shovelware it even happended with ps2

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I think you are missing the OP tastyshovelware's post. He is basically saying that the games that are selling for the wii are the games that have good reviews, and that if you only look at games with good reviews, the wii is killing the other consoles in game sales in comparison because the wii only has 1/2 as many as the PS3, and only 1/4 as many games compared to the 360.

Based on this, the wii should only have 1/2 as many games sales as the PS3 or 1/4 as many as the 360. Imagine if the wii had as many high ranked games as the 360.... that would also hurt sales of Nija Bead Man and other shovel ware that people buy because they have less choice of good games for the wii.

Yay.... no one's flamed me yet for the post, haha

>that would also hurt sales of Ninja Bead Man and other shovel ware that people buy because they have less choice of good games for the wii.

With a sequel on the way, I don't think anything can stop ninjabread man. That aside, I do really wish 3rd parties would step up to the plate this year. I'm going to use GTA4 as a example for this. I don't expect GTA4 to get ported to the wii. Due to its size, graphics, etc. the game would have to be completely reworked in order to run on the wii. But still, no GTA game is on its way for the wii confuses me. Like a GTA: Liberty City 2. Would the game sell as well on the wii as it would for the PS3/360? I doubt it. But with the wii user base the size that it is and development costs for the wii the way they are, it seems like a risk that some series (be it GTA, MGS, RE, etc.) should take.

As for reviewers, yes, some will never get over the fact that the wii is a casual/non gamer console. And maybe it's just hard for me to get in the mindset of someone who is new to gaming. But I just look at some on the mini game/party game efforts and think.... They could do better then that.

Oh well, as I said, the higher rated games are selling best (for the most part), hopefully we'll see more of those.

@tastyshovelware

don't worry, you will have plenty of chance to get flamed. ;)

I don't think it's the fact that there is a lot of shovelware that pissed some people off, it's the fact there are considerable amount of Wii owners that are buying them.

*shrugs*, I don't think Wii lacks good game, it doesn't have as many as others (wow, 40+ for PS3?), but it has AAA games and console sellers, that's all that matters.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)