By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will sell more Killzone Shadowfall or Titanfall (on XBOX ONE)?

Which will sell more lifetime?

Killzone: Shadowfall for the PS4 338 50.67%

Titanfall for the XBOX ONE (only the ONE) 329 49.33%

Total:667

I still think Titanfall will sell similar to Gears of War (a new IP for the 360), selling about 5-6 million.

I think Shadowfall will do typical Killzone numbers, selling about 3 million.

Around the Network
DM235 said:
I still think Titanfall will sell similar to Gears of War (a new IP for the 360), selling about 5-6 million.

I think Shadowfall will do typical Killzone numbers, selling about 3 million.

as a launch window title??? (within first year of release?)  I dunno 3m might be realistic for either at max, but I'd say considerably less for both for at least the first year after release.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Titanfall. It has more promise IMO, and Killzone is not that big a series.

Love and tolerate.

PigPen said:
Preorders mean little to nothing. Microsoft fanboys are going to jump on this like Halo. Killzone franchise is a niche market (unto proven wrong) and games never sold three million copies worldwide. Titanfall is a new fresh exclusive game that could become a franchise. The game is getting word of mouth now with excitement from IGN. You know a game is on to something when those that played is that excited.

How did they jump on Halo without Master Chief?

Eternal said:
iamdeath said:
Eternal said:
Titanfall no doubt.As much as I love Sony,their fanbase has proven that they don't cherish enough great exclusives they get.

?? BS, Sony has as many if not more big franchises. Games that sell 6 + million don't grow on trees . Sony doesn't abandon games if they don't all sell 5  million, they are smart enough to know a diversified portfolio is key to gaining a consumer base over timer, nd not everything will sell 5 - 10 million. It's simply unrealistic.

TLOU should sell 10 million and nobody can convince me otherwise.And I'm not saying that because it has amazing singleplayer and story coz we know only certain portion of ppl care for that stuff but because it has one of the best and most addicting multiplayers of this generation I think.So it has everything basically and it's Sony's best game this gen.

KIllzone has heavy baggage with itself coz it's a fourth installiment and never really catched a fire.Titanfall is EA and even their worst games sell well so this is obviously going to be huge.

How is the latest Dead Space and Army of Two doing?  Also, how did Fuse do?  I am hard pressed to think of any FPS they put out, besides Battlefield, that really has done well.  Dead Space was one series with potential, but again, how did the latest version do?

Around the Network

I honestly expect Titan Fall on Xbox One to outsell Killzone on PS4. And quite easily. Killzone has never sold more than 3 million units per game. In fact, interest in Killzone DROPPED from Killzone 2 to Killzone 3.

Where as Titan Fall may appeal to the more "CoD" gamers which we all know are tenfold in quantity compared to Killzone players, and that just on one platform.

The only things that may give Killzone more sales than Titan Fall on Xbox One will be PS4 console/game bundling or the fact that there really isn't many other launch PS4 exclusives to try out. Titan Fall will be out later with more games, and it may lose some sales to PC/360, but I still see it selling more and being the more critically acclaimed game.

richardhutnik said:

How is the latest Dead Space and Army of Two doing?  Also, how did Fuse do?  I am hard pressed to think of any FPS they put out, besides Battlefield, that really has done well.  Dead Space was one series with potential, but again, how did the latest version do?

Considering EA royally fucked up Dead Space 3 by making it NOTHING like Dead Space 1 & 2, it serves them right.

Sony internet fanboys talk Killzone that the world sees as a niche. Titanfall is a brand new exclusive franchise game that's getting good buzz. It hasn't establish a fanbase yet but still might sell eight million games in 2014. It has a even better chance with lifetime sells.

nightsurge said:
richardhutnik said:

Considering EA royally fucked up Dead Space 3 by making it NOTHING like Dead Space 1 & 2, it serves them right.

Besides Battlefield, name a single FPS IP that EA has been competent with handling?  I could also add Metal of Honor here as another bombfest.  Mirror's Edge also didn't do well, if you want me to reach.  In short, I don't see examples of EA being able to competently market an FPS.  Syndicate, another one of theirs also failed.  Crysis 3 failed to.  Bulletstorm is another one that didn't do well.  

Oh, there is Mass Effect, if you want to stretch.  And you may say Left 4 Dead as another.  Oh, they did publish the Orange Box, which had Half Life in it.  

Killzone, titanfall is on many other consoles