By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will sell more Killzone Shadowfall or Titanfall (on XBOX ONE)?

Which will sell more lifetime?

Killzone: Shadowfall for the PS4 338 50.67%

Titanfall for the XBOX ONE (only the ONE) 329 49.33%

Total:667

Preorders mean little to nothing. Microsoft fanboys are going to jump on this like Halo. Killzone franchise is a niche market (unto proven wrong) and games never sold three million copies worldwide. Titanfall is a new fresh exclusive game that could become a franchise. The game is getting word of mouth now with excitement from IGN. You know a game is on to something when those that played is that excited.

Around the Network
Eternal said:
Titanfall no doubt.As much as I love Sony,their fanbase has proven that they don't cherish enough great exclusives they get.

?? BS, Sony has as many if not more big franchises. Games that sell 6 + million don't grow on trees . Sony doesn't abandon games if they don't all sell 5  million, they are smart enough to know a diversified portfolio is key to gaining a consumer base over timer, nd not everything will sell 5 - 10 million. It's simply unrealistic.

Absurd question, don't you know that IGN likes Titanfall a lot? That means pretty much 10million sales at the very least.

Going to say Titanfall. It's coming out next year to an obviously much bigger install base as opposed to a launch title.

killzone wiil be awsome, shyne graphics and will play like COD.
i cant see the casuals playing titanfall seems to be harder than it looks

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
Eternal said:
Titanfall no doubt.As much as I love Sony,their fanbase has proven that they don't cherish enough great exclusives they get.

?? BS, Sony has as many if not more big franchises. Games that sell 6 + million don't grow on trees . Sony doesn't abandon games if they don't all sell 5  million, they are smart enough to know a diversified portfolio is key to gaining a consumer base over timer, nd not everything will sell 5 - 10 million. It's simply unrealistic.

TLOU should sell 10 million and nobody can convince me otherwise.And I'm not saying that because it has amazing singleplayer and story coz we know only certain portion of ppl care for that stuff but because it has one of the best and most addicting multiplayers of this generation I think.So it has everything basically and it's Sony's best game this gen.

KIllzone has heavy baggage with itself coz it's a fourth installiment and never really catched a fire.Titanfall is EA and even their worst games sell well so this is obviously going to be huge.

Eternal said:
iamdeath said:
Eternal said:

TLOU should sell 10 million and nobody can convince me otherwise.And I'm not saying that because it has amazing singleplayer and story coz we know only certain portion of ppl care for that stuff but because it has one of the best and most addicting multiplayers of this generation I think.So it has everything basically and it's Sony's best game this gen.

KIllzone has heavy baggage with itself coz it's a fourth installiment and never really catched a fire.Titanfall is EA and even their worst games sell well so this is obviously going to be huge.

No guarantee Titanfall will be huge, sorry I don't by that, COD and Battlefield are huge and that won;'t change, too many options in the FPS online space.

Remember all the hype hitman absolution got during e3 last year and it wona  bunch of game of the show awards?  Media hype doesn't always translate into results. I am not saying that will happen, but people are really jumping the gun.  Many also won't but it because it has no SP. COD sells over 20 million, not even half that ever play MP, The majority of console gamers still play offline, recent studies showed.

Agreed on TLOU, it's, MP is outstanding.

PigPen said:
Titanfall will win on that. IGN is more excited for that game then Battlefield 4, Call Of Duty: Ghosts or any other shooter. Killzone games have never sold more then three million copies according to VGCharts. Exclusive to Microsoft, the fanboys is going support this. I won't be surprised if this game sells 8 or more million copies.

I'd be surprised if either console sold 8 million units by end of 2014... I think installation base will be a huge factor of X1 (Titanfall) vs PS4 (KZ:SF) sales. I'd think with how high the pre-orders are for early adopters on the ps4 side that later adopters of the system will also get that game. Meanwhile its hard to say how well titanfall will do on the x1 at this point as the ad campaign for that game can be great and fit neatly into a lull of the market for early adopters wanting a new game to play. However, that doesn't mean every ps4 or x1 owner will pick up the perspective titles. If I were to make a lofty guess I'd say Titan Fall X1 about 600k - 800k within a year of release and about 1m for KZ:SF within a year of release. However, I'd expect titanfall to sell around 35m on ps360.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

They will sell exactly the same amount. 5,124,738

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

AstroGamer said:
Titanfall, because it is going to later so the playerbase will be larger. Shadowfall's sales should probably dry up by the release of Titanfall

They're only like 4 months apart! Killzone won't be replaced as the goto tech demo game on the PS4 for a bit longer. Second Son might take away some of that, but I reckon Killzone will sell as "the best looking game on the system" until Naughty Dog show up