By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita Needs Help In NA+Europe... What Does Sony Need to Do?

#1 Option

Another Price Cut 12 5.43%

Heavy Advertisement 26 11.76%

AAA Games is all it needs 93 42.08%

PS4 Connectivity will Save It 11 4.98%

Other 14 6.33%

It cant be Saved 65 29.41%

Total:221

It will sell if it gets Grand theft auto, maybe red dead, gran turismo, god of war, (proper) Call of duty game and an EA shooter (Battlefield perhaps) all in one year!

Around the Network
BlowoverKing said:
tbone51 said:
BlowoverKing said:
I refuse to beleive these numbers are accurate. They may not be as high as I predicted (37k) but they sure as hell aren't below 10k. But if they are actually below 10k then fuck Sony for not advertising the Vita at all.

The Vita actually has a better lineup the rest of the year than the 3DS but nobody will know since they're won't be a single ad for any of the games.

thats just wrong... Pokemon XY+LoZ>>>Vita library 2013 holiday. Dont get me started with japan. If you like vita lineup more cool, but pokemon is handheld king

Sure Pokemon is the king of not only handhelds but also on par with Mario/COD for King of all of gaming IMO. But what else does the 3DS have other than those 2? The Vita's Killzone and Tearaway will match the quality of Pokemon and Zelda then it will have Rayman, Ys, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Minecraft, and the what seems like hundreds of Indie games which whether you like it or not are actually good games. Looking at the 3DS's lineup besides Pokemon and Zelda theres Sonic and I guess Scribblenauts. 

And before you say it, I know none of the Vita games combined will outsell Pokemon but that doesn't mean the Vita's games are bad by any means.

you said quality, not quantity lol, i wont say that. 3DS has both pokemon and zelda, japan has one piece and MH4, Mario Party should be big with that audience(im kinda their but not really). Last year we had Paper Mario for Nov/Dec. Now we have the wave of pokemon+LoZ!!!! Vita has GE2(japan). Does FF remake come out this year for all regions?

tbone51 said:

thats just wrong... Pokemon XY+LoZ>>>Vita library 2013 holiday. Dont get me started with japan. If you like vita lineup more cool, but pokemon is handheld king

Saleswise I agree entirely, from a quality/game perspective, they'll be great games, but not necessarily better than the Vita's best releases over the next few months.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

High budget games. Final Fantasy, God of War, GTA, Gran Turismo, Infamous, Uncharted, Bioshock(wich i doubt will be released or oficially anounced anytime soon), Resident Evil, CoD/Battlefield, those kind of stuff. Not with small studios doing this. They need the big ones to do, then Vita will show some great numbers.

People think "Oh, an remodel will make vita sell like crazy hot cakes. It will not. Not without big games, not without bundles with those big games.

Cloud1989 said:
BlowoverKing said:
I refuse to beleive these numbers are accurate. They may not be as high as I predicted (37k) but they sure as hell aren't below 10k. But if they are actually below 10k then fuck Sony for not advertising the Vita at all.

The Vita actually has a better lineup the rest of the year than the 3DS but nobody will know since they're won't be a single ad for any of the games.

I think it's accurate. I noticed the pricecut didn't take affect in many parts of Europe immediately, so I think this week we'll see a boost in Europe. NA has completely failed at advertising the vita...notice on Amazon the only place kilzone merc isn't in bestsellers is NA. I think vita has a bright future in Europe, but is going to die in NA because  SCEA doesn't seem to care.

It very well could be true but from what I've seen and heard around the area I live the Vita was actually selling good. The gamestops near me said they were selling a good amount of Vitas and at the Best Buy I work at we actually sold around 10 Vitas the next few days after gamescom. Also the Vita has consistantly been in the top 100 on Amazon, right now The Walking Dead bundle is 73rd higher then all other released consoles.

You are right though, SCEA doesn't give a shit about the Vita.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
tbone51 said:

Saleswise I agree entirely, from a quality/game perspective, they'll be great games, but not necessarily better than the Vita's best releases over the next few months.

i dont kno, gamefreak is going all out for pokemon XY! Quality at its finest :P

RolStoppable said:
Train wreck said:

It's clear that it's over in what sense?  Vita outselling the 3DS?...im sure no one sane believes that anymore.

Western 3rd parties abandonment?   What major, AAA, system selling games (not including movie tie-ins) is the 3DS getting that vita is not?  Angry Birds Star Wars, Rayman, Minecraft, Batman? 

That its going to be discontinued?  Nope, the system will remain viable in Japan and will receive the support to survive there. 

Sony is not gonig to support it for a 10 year cycle?  Maybe

Sony's first party studios are not developing for the console yet because they dont want to jeopardize their more prized home console system. Which makes sense. Really do not know how people can expect Sony to masterfully support two system, a handheld and new upcoming console with ease, when every manufacturer, nintendo, sega, atari have failed doing so.

In the sense that it's not going to get better.

Sorry, BS, time will tell. I bet you won't be man enough to admit you were wrong when it does get better.

iamdeath said:
RenCutypoison said:
iamdeath said:
GAMES, Vita only games. Simple.

Vita has loads of games. Please learn your stuff.

Really, name the games that are not indies and not already on other platforms? Simply not enough I own a vita, so I know my stuff..

I own a vita too. Why do you have a vita if you don't consider indies as games ? Vita is THE indie console (Thanks Shahid for that one)

Plus Gravity Rush, Uncharted, P4:golden, D3 remake, Kz:mercenaries, Soul sacrifice, Virtue's last reward, Muramasa rebirth, and many others to come

tbone51 said:
BlowoverKing said:

Sure Pokemon is the king of not only handhelds but also on par with Mario/COD for King of all of gaming IMO. But what else does the 3DS have other than those 2? The Vita's Killzone and Tearaway will match the quality of Pokemon and Zelda then it will have Rayman, Ys, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Minecraft, and the what seems like hundreds of Indie games which whether you like it or not are actually good games. Looking at the 3DS's lineup besides Pokemon and Zelda theres Sonic and I guess Scribblenauts. 

And before you say it, I know none of the Vita games combined will outsell Pokemon but that doesn't mean the Vita's games are bad by any means.

you said quality, not quantity lol, i wont say that. 3DS has both pokemon and zelda, japan has one piece and MH4, Mario Party should be big with that audience(im kinda their but not really). Last year we had Paper Mario for Nov/Dec. Now we have the wave of pokemon+LoZ!!!! Vita has GE2(japan). Does FF remake come out this year for all regions?

It beats the 3DS in both quality and quantity hell Killzone Mercenary has more quality than the entire 3DS lineup ;) and FF is supposed to release this year so hopefully theres a release date given at TGS.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

RenCutypoison said:
iamdeath said:
GAMES, Vita only games. Simple.

Vita has loads of games. Please learn your stuff.

Agreed. This meme is now beginning to make those that spout it look uneducated.

The PS5 Exists.