By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think some pre-7th gen games still look nice?

Do any to you?

Yes 96 92.31%

No 8 7.69%

Total:104

Lots of 2D games.

Around the Network

Last gen - Resident Evil 4, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Okami, Shadows of the Colossus and Jet Set Radio.

Though for me, I generally find that most 16-Bit console games are still very playable (to this day) and hold up well visually.. Much more than lets say, the majority of older 3D titles from 5th and 6th gen.

ghettoglamour said:
Sure, especially side-scrollers. Early 3D games on PS1, Saturn and N64 look awful imo, much worse than SNES games.

Agreed. The 5th gen has aged really badly compared to the 4th. It's the jagged 3D shapes, they really stick out compared to 2D.

I'll take this:

Over this any day:

Black was incredible for the time it released.

My personal favourite would probably be Suikoden 2 though. Its really easy on the eyes for a PlayStation title.

With FFX/X-2 HD coming out soon i must say the cut scenes in the original are amazing. Also with the possibility of FFXII getting a HD remake i really dont think it needs it, i only want it so i can hopefully play it on Vita

Around the Network

Metroid Prime and F-Zero on the GameCube still look beautiful IMO.

Most SNES and Genesis games such as Sonic, Strider, Super Metroid, Super Mario World 1/2, Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy VI. Still hold up well.

Playstation (and Saturn) games like FF Tactics, Castlevania SOTN, Mega Man X.

Most 6th gen games still look pretty good with some exceptions.

Valkyrie Profile 2 looked amazing at some parts
.Hack/ G.U. 1-3
Final Fantasy IX
Resident evil 2&3

Super Smash brothers Melle . The charter models are still fantastic and some of the most fluid animations I have ever seen. Doom 3 Also

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

The original Ratchet and Clank trilogy has aged pretty superbly I have to say.