By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

well its because ioi probably wants you to keep your avatar

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

How about you pay me $25 instead? I will give you VGChartz money to cover your loss.

I can understand where it comes from, because I definitely do identify people with their profile pic.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

BenKenobi88 said:
I just changed mine...but I'm still in the black, so all's good hehe.

Is that samus, Ben?  Or do I just see metroid in everything?

I think it's lame that it only takes $25 >_>; I want to be in red damnit >
On a side note: IT SHOULD PISS THE EUROPEANS OFF THAT THEY HAVE TO HAVE VG DOLLARS, WHATS UP WITH THAT? :D I personally want some VG Euro's ;/ but maybe thats just me.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
On a side note: IT SHOULD PISS THE EUROPEANS OFF THAT THEY HAVE TO HAVE VG DOLLARS, WHATS UP WITH THAT? :D I personally want some VG Euro's ;/ but maybe thats just me.

Me too! I like everything else about how ioi is running the site, but his blatant Yankery is very disturbing. What kind of an Englishman does he think he is?

Around the Network

If the idea is to prevent people from changing to often why not put a time limit on it. ie if you change it more than once a month there is a penalty. but one change per month is ok.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

Why is it such a good idea to discourage avatar changing? I like to play around in photoshop creating new avatars for myself but now I'm discouraged from doing so... Artistic expression is a good thing.

I suppose you could say that having the same avatar longer helps you recognize posters better because that's the only reason I can think of to have this. That's why you should learn to read people's profile names. I was on another forum where you could change your username on a whim...now that was annoying. Avatar changing definitely not so much.

YEah I know, I was Gonna make My sig picture my profile picture but don't want to waste the money

I guess it's to discourage people from removing avatars...but losing 75 only to gain 50 is stupid...you should gain 75 when adding an avatar, so that nothing changes.

And yeah, it's Samus, I found it online a long time ago...not my art.  It looks MGSish though, I like it. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Parokki said:
ChronotriggerJM said:

Me too! I like everything else about how ioi is running the site, but his blatant Yankery is very disturbing. What kind of an Englishman does he think he is?

He went to Cambridge. It does strange things to people.