By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U $50 price drop September 20th

Nintendo Nintendo has announced a $50 for Wii U. Beginning on September 20, the Wii U Deluxe model will be available for $299.99.price drop

The new price will take effect alongside the previously-confirmed HD bundle, which will also retail for $299.99 and includes a 32GB hard drive, a special Zelda-themed GamePad, a digital copy of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and a digital version of the Zelda Hyrule Historia book.Wind Waker

"Really, the focus on heightening the value for Wii U is now that we are in a position where we’ve got a regular pace of great software.  The price decline is pretty straightforward,” Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told IGN. “Really, the focus on heightening the value for Wii U is now that we are in a position where we’ve got a regular pace of great software. Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U that just launched physically, Wonderful 101 in September, and then Wind Waker. Then we’ve got strong third-party content coming for the as well. Scribblenauts, Skylanders, Sonic , : Ghosts, Assassin’s Creed IV, Watch Dogs. So, strong pace of first-party, strong third-party content. Now’s the time to make the Wii U even more affordable and heighten the value.

Fils-Aime also expressed excitement for historia, telling us, “Digitally, it’s phenomenal. You could look at it through the GamePad. You can look at it on your big screen, turn the pages, search for specific items. It’s essentially a digital version of the book that you’ll be able to access through the GamePad, that you’ll download onto the system. It’ll be resident on the system. It’s really cool.”Hyrule

Look out for more from our interview with Fils-Aime on IGN in the days to come, and expect us to unbox the Wind Waker bundle in the weeks leading up to its launch.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28/wii-u-price-drop-confirmed

So what about the Basic?  Discontinued?  $250?

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

So $299 USD a pop now?

curl-6 said:
So $299 USD a pop now?

The deluxe one, yes. This news has aslo been confirmed by Nintendo, so it's really happening :)

Good for those who were on the fence, it's not much of course, but it helps.

Well it's about time.  Although I wonder what September 20th will mean for retailers.  Will Nintendo foot the bill on existing units for the next three weeks, or will they still be $350?

Someone on VGChartz just lost a bet :D

How big is the Wind Waker HD file?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

This is what I expected, just months sooner.

yay

When you think my english is bad...sorry for my bad english,    i'm from Germany. And yeees, sorry, that we've almost destroyed the whole world, blahblahblah

eFKac said:

2.6 GBs

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

eFKac said:

2.6GB apparently.

eFKac said:

yeah, that would be me XD