By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 34 ( Aug 19 - Aug 25)

Soundwave said:
Dannythegamer said:

The game looked like a sales flop stamped on each one of its pores since day one. First Pikmin 3, now W101 and then Wind Waker HD. Nintendo had to come back with a winning bid as the Wii. Investing in the Hardcore market (fully saturated) is no longer the solution.

Well you can't make games for the hardcore market, and the casual market is being eaten alive by Apple/Android and cheap $1 games ... what does that leave exactly?

The untapped dog/cat market?

It's a problem that doesn't have any easy solutions.

I'm not saying to make a 100% casual console. But making a console for everyone. The Wii was a console for everyone. Casual gamers had Wifit, Wii Sports and puzzle games and part games. Core Games had Super Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong Returns, Hardcore Gamers had Sin and Punishment, Xenoblade and Last Stroy among many others. New Super Mario and Mario Kart were played by all groups (see their huge sales). The wiiu is too expensive for the core / casual public, but it also do not has its own games appeal to any of these types of public. Nintendo should release the Wii U with a better Wiinote and with New Super Mario U with a Bundle for 250$. 2D Mario is adored by all groups and it would be much better than wanting to sell technology (WIIU Gamepad) for fans of technology and gadgets (a type of movement like Apple). It would be a better choice and could have better results in the medium run.

Around the Network

Nintendo doesn't get that marketing new IPs is pretty much essential now if they want it to succeed.

People correlate quality to the amount of marketing they see nowadays because of how much $$ is spent marketing the big name franchises.

I do believe Miyamoto's will have more marketing because heck he's Miyamoto.

However, maybe they're the type to test the waters 1st and not bank success on the 1st entry. I didn't see any marketing for Xenoblade in the west and that apparently did better than in EU and JP being years ater than everyone else and on a declining platform.

My guess is that they never really planned on haing this game sell well, it was just an effort for 3rd party relations. Can't be bad as Capcom having Remember Me and Lost Planet 3 bomb.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Ermm, what happened to the Vita's momentum? Lets hoipe this week is an anomaly.

pokoko said:
The Vita performing so badly with two titles in the top 5 is kind of depressing. I know neither one is a system seller by any means, but still, that's not a positive.

while i agree neither game is a system seller anyone that would want a Vita for these games could have done the smart thing and bought one last week on sale somewhere seeing as it was Obon week

AstroGamer said:
Pavolink said:

And even Wii U is 40% down compared to last week...

Everything is down, that's what's happens after the holidays. Vita is also down  about the same percentage

Yes, but Vita is not below the 10k terrible mark, and it is up compared to their worst weeks, while Wii U is going fast again to those.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Damn I was not expecting those hardware numbers this week... ouch. Hopefully they rebound next week.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

W101 D;

Can anyone tell me if this is the lowest number of wiiU sold in Japan in it's lifetime, because I don't recall the wiiU doing lower then 8-9k in Japan. It is very sad, just when we thought the wiiU was getting the ball rolling and was over 10k, it crashes completely to 7k. As others have already stated, a 40% decrease over the previous week. Depressing indeed.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

teigaga said:
Ermm, what happened to the Vita's momentum? Lets hoipe this week is an anomaly.

Let's hope so indeed.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Kresnik said:
Conegamer said:

Thanks for this! Was wondering how SRW would stack up against the other entries. It would seem as though, not that great. But certainly not terrible, considering other performances this week.

It has managed to be on 4 different consoles in 3 different releases; and never on the same console between two releases.  I don't really know what Bamco were thinking of really.  Should've stuck on DS on the beginning and migrated to 3DS eventually.

Moving to PSP in 2012 makes no sense to me, if they wanted to make a series out of it.

What you mean i always thought the series is more associated with the playstation brand since the early ps2 days. The series should of stayed only on portables. PSV/3DS or like God Eater 2 PSV/PSP

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share