By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 34 ( Aug 19 - Aug 25)

Conegamer said:
Kresnik said:
Conegamer said:

Thanks for this! Was wondering how SRW would stack up against the other entries. It would seem as though, not that great. But certainly not terrible, considering other performances this week.

It has managed to be on 4 different consoles in 3 different releases; and never on the same console between two releases.  I don't really know what Bamco were thinking of really.  Should've stuck on DS on the beginning and migrated to 3DS eventually.

Moving to PSP in 2012 makes no sense to me, if they wanted to make a series out of it.

Yeah, seems like there's not a lot of formity in that series. A shame, because it looks pretty good.

The original Masou Kishin was a Super Famicom game. The DS game is a remake of it, and it was later ported to PSP as part of a bundle with the 2nd game.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/10/lets-compare-super-robot-taisen-og-saga-masou-kishin-ds-vs-psp/

Super Robot Taisen games appear on pretty much every platform though, so the fact that this particular branch of it jumped from one to another is not that surprising.

EDIT: In case anyone is curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Robot_Wars_games

Around the Network
pokoko said:
The Vita performing so badly with two titles in the top 5 is kind of depressing. I know neither one is a system seller by any means, but still, that's not a positive.

I would love to know what happened to W101. I don't understand at all. Looking at Pikmin's numbers, it's clear that Wii U owners just aren't buying W101. Why? Lack of advertising support? Bad word of mouth? Too much emphasis on story for a Nintendo game? Are current Wii U owners only interested in established Nintendo IP?

It kind of gives me the impression that the Wii U is tucked behind the PS3 and 3DS charging cradle and only pulled out for well-known IP.

both game on Vita sold less then 20k nobody expect  them to boost Vita especially after a holiday

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Some things are never to be spoken about again.
We'll add this one to the list.
Taboo list -
Time Travelers
Wonderful 101
Yakuza 1&2 HD
Mind Zero (yes, I red some predictions from some unfortunate people)

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Did gaming just die in Japan or is this a normal lull.

AlphaCielago said:
Taboo list -
Time Travelers
Wonderful 101
Yakuza 1&2 HD

i though it did quite alright considering its another low budget niche JRPG. these games seem to always profit on Vita.

what were some peoples prodictions that you read?

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
AlphaCielago said:
Taboo list -
Time Travelers
Wonderful 101
Yakuza 1&2 HD

i though it did quite alright considering its another low budget niche JRPG. these games seem to always profit on Vita.

Next Persona

50-60k+

100k+

These were from some people that also sided with the Vita. So no wonder, the same goes for W101, there was people who had some pretty lofty expectations.

Won't name names though. The biggest bomb for me will always be Time Travelers.

AlphaCielago said:
ktay95 said:
AlphaCielago said:
Taboo list -
Time Travelers
Wonderful 101
Yakuza 1&2 HD

Next Persona

50-60k+

100k+

These were from some people that also sided with the Vita. So no wonder, the same goes for W101, there was people who had some pretty lofty expectations.

Won't name names though. The biggest bomb for me will always be Time Travelers.

lol ok then. and yeah Time Travelers was sad, now i will never enjoy that game =(

Damn post-Obon. Every time there's a holiday in Japan, the post-holiday depression is so big that it basically cancels out the boost, Dec-Jan being the only exception.

About W101, I haven't seen any ads for it, and they're still advertising Pikmin (saw an ad just today). I admit it's anecdotal.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

ktay95 said:
AlphaCielago said:

lol ok then. and yeah Time Travelers was sad, now i will never enjoy that game =(

Yeah, it's sad. Even time travelling from making its mistakes wouldn't help this game. Just keep in mind that list, some things shouldn't be talket about.

ryuzaki57 said:

TW101 at 5K must be a wake-up call for PG : they have to stop their exclusive relationship with Nintendo and address their fans, who are playing on PS360 and preordering PS4/X1, if they want to stay relevant.

Please, enough with this nonsense. There's nothing stopping Sony, Microsoft, or any other publisher from funding a game from Platinum on those consoles if they so desire. If you really were a fan of them as you imply, then you wouldn't be complaining about them having the support of a major publisher, even if it's not on the platform of your choice. Their games are not big sellers in general, so they can't afford to say no when these kind of offers show up.