By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 34 ( Aug 19 - Aug 25)

Ouch! Very painful week :( Conception 2 is very low compared to Tsutaya, didn't expect that... I hope digital copies help.

TW101 at 5K must be a wake-up call for PG : they have to stop their exclusive relationship with Nintendo and address their fans, who are playing on PS360 and preordering PS4/X1, if they want to stay relevant.

And man those hardware figures are horrendous /('°o°)/

Around the Network

I dont know what else can "save" wiiu.
Mario? Nope.
Pikmin? Nope.
New exciting IPs? NOPE.
What is left? Will a zelda game magically save a console as dead as Wii U? Only in dreams.

Don't expect many more major original Wii U IPs from Nintendo gen outside of the Miyamoto one and X (though really that's Xenoblade 2), lol. What a disaster.

Meh, when i look at the posts about the poor sales of W101, i can only say:
What did you expect?

Calm your tits, man

When you think my english is bad...sorry for my bad english,    i'm from Germany. And yeees, sorry, that we've almost destroyed the whole world, blahblahblah

Finally, I'm gonna be "that guy" who quotes what was said last week by a fair few:

"Just watch people crawl back to this thread when W10bombs".

Say what you will, and I'm not sure if I agree. But I feel it's worth pointing out.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
@ happy

Legs off 5,000 fw?

Less than I thought it would be.

Yeah. The lower it is, the better the odds of having a follow-up week (for a game of its caliber).

Obon week must have sifted out the sales strength of the market this week, so it can jump back next week. I'm also expecting decent word of mouth on this game.

Conegamer said:

Perhaps, but this was about a 40% drop over last week with 2 new titles. I know we had the holidays, but I believe it'll be 10,... next week at best sadly.

I mean, it's Jojo week next week right? Nothing for the Vita? 

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace.  Again; I don't believe it'll be sub-10k next week.

Also, in response to your "lowest since the price cut" comment:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77933321&postcount=413

It has seen lower.

Cannoly said:
Meh, when i look at the posts about the poor sales of W101, i can only say:
What did you expect?

Calm your tits, man

More than 6000 copies? That's so horrid it's almost unimaginable.

It's not Wonderful 101 is a game about murder/death/prostitution that's completely unplayable and at odds with the Nintendo demographic.

It's a bright, colorful game starring superheroes that has fairly good gameplay ... it shouldn't be that hard to sell this concept.

Unfortunately I think Nintendo fans on message boards are in reality a very, very tiny minority of the actual market. A lot of noise, but not a whole lot of actual results in most cases.

Dragon246 said:
Mario? Nope.
Pikmin? Nope.
New exciting IPs? NOPE.
What is left? Will a zelda game magically save a console as dead as Wii U? Only in dreams.

Cool your jets. Mario came with launch so we don't know how that would have helped. Pikmin did whst was expected, a sharp boost and then tailing back down a few weeks later. This game was always gonna bomb, maybe not this hard but still. 

There's still plenty left in the locker for the Wii U. Don't call time on it yet, but I'm not going in depth here.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Dragon246 said:
Mario? Nope.
Pikmin? Nope.
New exciting IPs? NOPE.

If mario kart, smash bros and the new wii sports wont save, then i give up.